philip9992000

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only really just started

Cool , it just seemed a quite concerning question for someone already sectioning down a pole . Its good practise to have your main line in for you descending out the tree in an emergency and for someone getting to you quickly for aerial rescue . Two common ways is to choker your main line round the stem with a bowline knot and have a figure8 backed up with a hitch or choker the stem first with a multisaver or the like and just put your main line through the rings ..

I can't see why you would want to pHilip, sounds like you used the correct technique.

How did he use the correct techinique? He had no means of abseiling down in the event of an emergency.

Phillip, theres loads of ways to go about this, some involving little gear, but the best way IMO is using an Art rope guide, or a pulley saver cinched to the trunk. They aren't cheap but will get plenty of use in all tree climbing tasks

"climber should be attached to the tree with 2 life lines at all times" so it seems like you have done that bit rite but you suppose to have your rope instead of lanyard really like Steve mentioned why you should have!,you can do that with basic prusik setup.just like you would normally climb up with prusik but instead of a branch you got your setup around the pole.

our apprentice went up a pole other day with just flip line and when i asked him if he haD the correct setup the answer was "OF-COURSE" so i kept my mouth shut :001_smile: then he goes up 20 ft high and comes a cross big branch stub sticking out then shouts down."HOW DO I GO PASS THIS":001_rolleyes:

:lol:

Edited by Mr Oz

This is what i use.

.ImageUploadedByArbtalk1391101440.937358.jpg.fea2ea5666d952d3321eb4629ebca571.jpg

Put an end to rope mess during pole felling. Compared to double rope systems with redundant rope dangling down to the foot of the trunk, the Belay- Descent-Kit offers a great alternative: Consisting of 30 m dynamic rope (9,8 mm), a CINCH and two 3-way autolock carabiners all packed in one small silverbull Hip-Bag it offers an easy back up descent to the ground. The rope is anchored in choke mode on the trunk while the majority of its length remains in the bag. It can't be damaged by spurs, doesn't touch the ground and therefor stays out of the way of the rigging work. Perfect solution to a problem that hopefully occurs!