Hydraulic saw bench for mini digger

SteveA

i bought a McConnell safety saw bench, i love it :thumbup: has a 14" throat and can be used as a logging saw or ripping.. the rip table can fold down and a sprung logging table then comes up.. 13hp lister..

i haven't used many benches but since having this i cant say ive seen anything i would prefer, its on wheels aswell so can be towed..

I'm guessing that would be driven by a tractor PTO?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nope ??? its got its own 13hp lister twin, take a better look at the pics :001_smile:

Oh yes! Didnt see pics before i commented, cheers :thumbup1:

Looks great.

What's the fuel economy like and is it any good for milling trees into beams, green oak etc?

fuel economy is great as its a lister well under a gallon day, as for milling i cant comment im afraid, i bought it a couple of months ago and have only used for firewood so far, it belonged to my local estate and i know the chap who has used it from new, hes given me four spare blades of various sizes and assures me its great.. i do plan on testing it out on some beams soon :001_smile:

fuel economy is great as its a lister well under a gallon day, as for milling i cant comment im afraid, i bought it a couple of months ago and have only used for firewood so far, it belonged to my local estate and i know the chap who has used it from new, hes given me four spare blades of various sizes and assures me its great.. i do plan on testing it out on some beams soon :001_smile:

Great! ....be very interested to hear how you get on with slicing beams. I need to cut a load for building our barn (to be green oak framed & spruce roof trusses).

Looking at the cheapest option, maybe a mix of Alaskan milling and McConnel saw bench, like yours??

Certainly cant afford a bandsaw!

That looks a great bit of kit! How much was yours?

the pic i posted was one that sold on ebay i think it made about £1500 at the start of the firewood season..

mines in better nick, i paid a lot less than that but it was a bargain :001_smile:

there have been afew on ebay, one just with the logging bench and a spares repair engine for under 500 and a similar model refurbed for a grand..

if you keep an eye out theres some great benches that come up on the bay, i saw a pic someone put up not so long back on here of a standard saw bench that had been mounted to a subframe with an engine , one thing to point out is some ive seen have the bench mounted a bit low, with the engine inline which would make them unable to mill on as the timber would hit the rocker box ...