Saw blades.

dannytreacy

I am looking into saw blades for a Hitachi 235mm circular saw. I got it to cut some Iroko, I want the cuts to be as clean as possible.

I am aware that I need a TCT blade with many teeth to achieve a fine cut but as the Iroko is very hard is it possible to overdo the amount of teeth?

If for example I got a blade with 60 teeth might it be too delicate and snap some teeth? Should it go for a 48 teeth blade that would be stronger?

Also some blades have an 'alternate top bevel' tooth configuration, is this more desirable if I want the finest possible cut with my saw?

Finally is there a brand or brands that I should go for over other brands?

I know generally you get what you pay for but sometimes you also just pay for the name.

Any info appreciated, thanks.

i wouldnt be too bothered about the amount of teeth as the 20 tooth blade that comes with it should be fine.

i have a no brand saw the same size and the blade that came with that leaves a very good finish.

the trick is to have the work stable and well held in place and cut with a steady hand. this cant be taught in my opinion you need to learn it through experience.

If your going to be using it for ripping the lengths, then you definitely don't want lots of teeth. Blades with lots of teeth are for ripping.

I'd get this blade for ripping, but it won't crosscut well.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331057604998?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

This blade will crosscut well but won't rip as well.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/230500323114?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

You need to check your saw has a 30mm arbor though. I think it does but check.