which splitting axe/maul should I get?

John in Scotland

If you have wads then Gransfors, and if you struggle with paying the telephone, internet, electricity, gas/oil, council tax, mortgage/rent, petrol/diesel, food, water/sewage then Fiskars X27.

funny you brought that up i have a x27 and also struggle to pay my utilty bills and run a jeep and all my other stuff and i,am sure big brother knows if i have any moneys in the bank you can bet the postman come with another brown letter lol

who said fiskers axes were great phhhht"

funny you brought that up i have a x27 and also struggle to pay my utilty bills and run a jeep and all my other stuff and i,am sure big brother knows if i have any moneys in the bank you can bet the postman come with another brown letter lol

ha ha! should have added in the small print that the X27 doesnt cure all ills...i was working on the 'every little helps' motto. :001_huh:

I have several Elwells, all my bills are paid, all my wood split, and mortgage paid off

:laugh1:

My petrol powered axe is great.

yip me to i,ve got a petrol one handed splitter too the maul sits rusting atm it does have its place though in a handy sort of way but i,am a bugger for twitching the handle if the woods not quite split thus busting the handle out the head my own fault we live we learn etc bad habbits eh"

for a maul - you have two choices -

bargain basment placcy handle that you can mash the ..... out of - and replace when needed ,.

OR

a sexy gransfors maul - which not only is very very good but that if cared for (and for the price you will) you can pass on to your grandkids and they in turn to theirs.

for a splitting axe

either go oldschool and pickup an old elwell and re-handle it OR get a sexy x27.

for being stiff and old and probably grumpy get a splitter.