squirrels forced eviction

Bob Rolfe

Ive just finished topping out a largish 50 odd ft conifer but the darnist thing happened whilst doing them.... on initial inspection i noticed some squirrel nests in the conifer so i give them a quick look see to make sure nothing was in there and there wasn't thats good no pink squirrels in the nests and to think of it no squirrels at all to be seen so of i starts chopping away for an hour or so. Im about 40ft up in the air and right next to this bigish nest when i sees something move i looks in the nest nope nothing there... then i noticed at eye level to me the tail of a squirrel now lets not forget ive been letting loose on some rather large limbs off the tree and the saw has been going full belt you would of though it got the general idea that this was an eviction! but nope it just hid on the other side of vertical branch so i gets hold of its tail and give it a yank thinking that will be that....... nope just screamed at me so i ended up actually having to grab it from behind and the by the scruff of the neck i held it up to show my groundie and then i launched it into the next conifer that was being left. then it just climbed up to the to of that conifer and stared me out ....scary!.

I know what your all thinking, its got pinkies somewhere but i swear there wasn't anything in them there nests , i think actually it was a young one just left the nest funny as hell though anyone else had this happen ?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a baby squirrel home once, it had,nt opened its eyes so I guess it was about ten days old. The wife hand reared it and called him Reg. We donated a spare room to him and had rope hanging everywhere, I even dragged branches in for him. He was so friendly and fun to watch. Handed him over to a sanctuary after six months so he could be with others.