New Years resolutions.

Rich2484

Things are starting to fall apart a bit...

Dropped the tw pulley and broke it, also broke the taper lock in two, so that buggers that fix until middle of week.

Welded a plate in the boot today and took another chunk out of my hand and sliced my wrist On sharp rust.........

One more day on the truck and it's all reday.

First appointment came through, they called me yesterday it's on Thursday next week. So gives me a chance to clear some tools before I start

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some obstacles are put in front of us as a test. They are there to test us as human beings our personality our patients our strength our will, our ability to adapt and overcome but also to expose a weakness. Pass these tests and you will not only be a better person but also a stronger yet more willfull mind to overcome what many would see as the impossible...

Sorry enjoying the sun today and had an appithony.

Some obstacles are put in front of us as a test. They are there to test us as human beings our personality our patients our strength our will, our ability to adapt and overcome but also to expose a weakness. Pass these tests and you will not only be a better person but also a stronger yet more willfull mind to overcome what many would see as the impossible...

Sorry enjoying the sun today and had an appithony.

I don't think anything in life is a test, there is no one behind the scenes making life good for some and less good for others.

Life is random, sure we can influence things to an extent, with health diet and life style can help, but its by no means a guarantee and life can be incredibly unfair.

I know many say things such as "everything happens for a reason" personally I think this is nonsense and can be pretty offensive to some.

We all have to play the best game we can from the cards we are dealt, we can learn from our own lives and the lives of others and this makes dealing with things easier and can improve the outcome.

I may have misunderstood your post Rich, if you saying that overcoming lives difficulties makes you stronger and better equipped to cope with whatever is around the next corner I totally agree!

But please don't think that this illness is a test sent by some power to see what your made of.

Good luck and I hope things go well :001_smile:

I am saying that it does make people stronger willed.

No I'm with you on there is no greater power behind it all, just the way I worded it.

It has changed my entire outlook on everytthing. But I know by getting through it I will be a stronger minded person.

Have come to realize that certain things in life are just not worth worrying about and that maybe the things I have either taken for granted or thought that where less important are.

My brother in law lost his 27 year battle with cancer recently.

27 years ago, at 31 years of age he was given 2 weeks to live.

But then he was offered some 'trial' chemo. One thing lead to another, but he survived and saw his young family grow up.

He had several re-ocurrences over the years with more chemo and more ops, until eventually when, 16 months ago he was told it was back, he decided to have no more treatment.

He was the bravest and strongest willed man I have ever known, not once did I hear him moan about his problems, he just remained positive and fought the cancer.

I would moan about a cold, or a bad back, but Des never moaned about anything, and worked on the farm until 4 weeks before his death.

He knew it would get him in the end, but he filled those 27 years with quality memories for his family.

My brother in law lost his 27 year battle with cancer recently.

27 years ago, at 31 years of age he was given 2 weeks to live.

But then he was offered some 'trial' chemo. One thing lead to another, but he survived and saw his young family grow up.

He had several re-ocurrences over the years with more chemo and more ops, until eventually when, 16 months ago he was told it was back, he decided to have no more treatment.

He was the bravest and strongest willed man I have ever known, not once did I hear him moan about his problems, he just remained positive and fought the cancer.

I would moan about a cold, or a bad back, but Des never moaned about anything, and worked on the farm until 4 weeks before his death.

He knew it would get him in the end, but he filled those 27 years with quality memories for his family.

Great story!!!:thumbup1:

He sounds like one hell of a guy!!!:thumbup1:

Great story!!!:thumbup1:

He sounds like one hell of a guy!!!:thumbup1:

He certainly was an inspiration.

Without his determination to live I doubt he would have had those 27 years.

The traumatic times he went through certainly made him a stronger character, which I think is the point that Rich was trying to put across.

Yes exactly it.

Sorry to hear he has passed. Do you know why he stopped treatment?

My first major lot earlier today and I was back in wworkshop but I do have a headache tonight, a bit tired and some stress On my relrelationship the other day. But all good now. Just emotions.