Land rover defender 130 tipper body....

Pete Hart

This is my mates l200 that was done by someone in Wolverhampton, tidy job aswell but heavy.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Looks good but does it actually have a payload ?

One thing I noticed when I built mine is the worked out weight didn't end up anywhere near the actual weight, the little bits and bobs really add to the weight, I had to have 1500kg as a payload (2 bulk bags) when I put it on the weighbridge I had to take the toolbox out to get it right :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As your getting the chassis cab from Bristol, why not get a price from TGS in Bristol, they built the tipper back for my Transit back in 2004, also fitted a taillift which had not been done to a tipper, usually only fitted to flat beds.

Were I to have it today would have a toolbox, etc This was done for gardening, getting mowers and ride ons, on/off, bags of waste.

Regards SG

5976685a288a2_BigTipper.jpg.21b3fa47d2f1ac8702ee881f7311780d.jpg

5976685a26563_TransitTailift.jpg.6645d75a0c5efb5f1b5512c40897b9c5.jpg

5976685a23665_TransitTipping.jpg.a2741f7323cc29c60ddd2f19fbdf4a86.jpg

The l200 still has a payload for its GTW but I think the rear wheels will be overloaded well before he reaches that.

Something to consider is the hight of your chipper spout as if it's high like my quadchip you could end up having to aim the chip down but if like the 2nd picture of the arborist 150 with a lower spout you can fire flat or even slightly up then you can pack the chip up against the headboard which is where you want the most weight.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

1393759319845.jpg.581d9dabbc6c6a218dd7dac66194cb76.jpg

1393759198066.jpg.6935f70d851cfd4fd5abd135a593433f.jpg