helmet thoughts

smudge1

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changed to the stein a few months back and absolutely love it. can wear it all day comfortably.

Hi woodguy looking at the new stein lid, do you know if you can fit the mesh visor and clear spec style visor and use the both together as really would like a lid where you can use both at the same time.

Cheers Matty :thumbup:

Been using the kask lid since it came out. Have toyed with the petzls but didn't get on. As for the visor question. Can use both visors with the msa style ear protection without modification. If using peltor ones you have to lose the springs and the attachment lug. Use a craft knife to trim it flat. Visor still works as it should just not spring loaded

I had an Alveo for a while but don't think they were designed with tree surgeons in mind... Now have a super plasma which is a big step forwards, it actually feels as though it might protect your head! Would prefer husky muffs but the peltor ones will do.

I've tried on a protos since I bought the plasma and that'll probably be the next cutting hat I buy, even if they do look like a bit daft.

Edit: the clear visors for the plasma seem pretty pants, I've never met anyone who uses it regularly and hasn't just scratched it to bits...?

Edited by Mr. Squirrel