New crewcab tipper on a budget??

arniecardigan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though its front wheel drive?

Interested to know why you prefer the Movano Onyx.

Thanks.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

when I first got it it had normal road tyres on it and it did tend to get stuck now and again. I now have mud and snow tyres on there (cost £130 each) and haven't got stuck since they have been on there! my fire pile is at the top of a steep chalk track that in the wet most things struggle to get up but the movano can get up there. it carries a good load well and never looks over loaded. My one is on 2007 van but has the older 5 speed gear box and is much better than the 6speed (we also have a vivaro 6speed) just put it in 3rd gear and it will just keep on going up any hill no matter what you have on the back! bought my one for £3k with 160k miles on it in may and its now on 177k with out missing a beat. I took the rear seats out the day I bought it and the "tool space" is massive but if you keep the seats in it is a 7 seater. depending what back you have on it (my one has 2Mx3M alloy back with 1.2M removable sides) and with half tank of fuel,tools, and me it can carry just shy of 1200kg (twin cab transit I had was under 900kg)

hope that helps

Thanks gary

Thats quite a surprise! I hadn't really considered the Movano so what makes them better?? It's the same as the Renault isn't it??

As for Transits I've had a couple of the old bannana engine ones and would consider another but not sure about the newer ones as I heard horrors of them throwing prop shafts for a past time?

I've driven the LDV's in the past and never had a problem but the look is a bit dated unless anyone has one that looks the "DOGS" and can prove me wrong!!

depends what "image" you need/want to put out to your customers. I looked at going down the ldv root and you will struggle to get a new shape one for that sort of budget and the older shape just look a bit step toe and son

I know where your coming from, it is tricky on a low budget.

I do find taking off the knotted hanqachief from your neck helps with the image though :-)