Jameson Poles

Mark Bolam

I'm sick of wasting hours screwing together/unscrewing my ali pole set, so am thinking of getting a 6' hollow base and 3 x 6' hollow extensions with pruner/hook/silky blade adapter.

Any comments on these would be appreciated e.g. do they really just clip together, do they bend crazily when using 4 poles trying to prune a 3/4" limb etc.

Thanks.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark, i have 4 x 6foot poles, you are more likely to use these instead of the park type as they are as easy as it sounds clipping them together.

BUT, they are ideal with 2, not too bad with 3 together, but you will struggle to use a saw or pruning head with 4 together. Ok as a cable raiser though.

I often use a pair with saw head and the other pair with the pruner. Seems to work well that way.

If you are thinking of buying some, just get enough poles so as you can do your shorter reach stuff with them, and still use the park set for real high reach.

As 18 said they are great when using two or three at a push. I use the jameson pruning head which allows you to make quit accurate cuts.

For high reach stuff we use the AUS linesman poles with a sandvick head.

The record is ten four foot poles but they are a bit bendy at that height:001_smile:

Dont Know what price they go for at the moment but they are well worth a look.

Wayyyyy better then the park in myopinion.

We got good deal s from the show in the past, and the guys at AUS were good to deal with.

Hardly ever use the saw head, but it has got us out of jail on occasion.

4 poles on the park set is 20'. Using the lopping head is a two man job at this length.

Could 2 men make the odd cut with 4 Jameson poles ie 24'? Most work would be 2/3 as you say.

Is the Jameson pruning head as manly as the park set one? For those odd times you need to take stuff up to about an inch?

Thanks for comments fellas.

Thanks Chris. You have just increased my proposed spending by at least 150%!

Don't suppose there is a chance that the Sandvik lopping head is compatible with the Jameson poles, or is that simply being ridiculously optimistic?

Dammit I don't know what to go for now!

I don't need any electrical protection 'cos I don't go near the stuff now. Apart from the kettle, obviously.