finding hardwood firewood is crazy

CP WOODFUELS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just put a nearly identical post up just now but it's disappeared ?? Anyway we are in the same boat I've phoned about 5 different drivers / merchants and they all say the same there isn't any and what there is is sold before it's been felled . What's going on???

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

The trouble is everyone now seems to sell logs ,I do not want to offend but the manufacturers are pushing firewood processors like mad claiming goodness nows how many cubes of logs it will produce an hour with no thought as to where all the wood is comming from,but that does nt concern them as long as they make a sale.Lots of people on here want ready seasoned hardwood delivered now presumably for a quick turnaround.

With the way prices are I can t see why they want to get involved if I had not been at this since 1995 I would not bother now what with the investment required.

1000 tons a year inc delivery £55000 to £60000 a processor £20000 plus tractor pick up chainsaw splitter and running costs.

Sorry to go on but get your supplies organized first then go shopping for the rest.

Chris.

The trouble is everyone now seems to sell logs ,I do not want to offend but the manufacturers are pushing firewood processors like mad claiming goodness nows how many cubes of logs it will produce an hour with no thought as to where all the wood is comming from,but that does nt concern them as long as they make a sale.Lots of people on here want ready seasoned hardwood delivered now presumably for a quick turnaround.

With the way prices are I can t see why they want to get involved if I had not been at this since 1995 I would not bother now what with the investment required.

1000 tons a year inc delivery £55000 to £60000 a processor £20000 plus tractor pick up chainsaw splitter and running costs.

Sorry to go on but get your supplies organized first then go shopping for the rest.

Chris.

HI CHRIS//STEVE your right with price standing timber in some of the post on here in the last 4 week cord will be soon £80 per ton into yard that just mad thanks jon

Because of the grants they get more to supply softwood so feel you should pay the same pro rata for hardwood. But the public wont pay proper money for logs. So you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The grants are drying up now so the tide may turn.

the public will pay the money once you get rid of the beer money cash guys, the guy I started selling to few weeks back was charging £120 a trailer load 1.5 cube turns out but his old supplier ran out and to buy from me he now has to ask £190 hes lost about 10% of his customers who are bargain hunters the rest pay the new price and comment on how nice it is to now get a heat from their logs, quality wins over price most of the time its just getting that first sale to them.

the public will pay the money once you get rid of the beer money cash guys, the guy I started selling to few weeks back was charging £120 a trailer load 1.5 cube turns out but his old supplier ran out and to buy from me he now has to ask £190 hes lost about 10% of his customers who are bargain hunters the rest pay the new price and comment on how nice it is to now get a heat from their logs, quality wins over price most of the time its just getting that first sale to them.

HI LOGS there you go mate theres loads of :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:logs out we need SNOW MATE THANKS JON :thumbup: