Trango Cinch

White Noise

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bummed to hear that the Cinch is out of production. Maybe I should buy another one now while they are still available. I love it for a lanyard adjuster, mainly because of how well it works with 10mm line, and because it's the only lanyard adjuster I know of that works equally well DdRT and SRT.

If a cinch isn't for for purpose, is some old 8mm poly cord tied as a hitch?? fFS

I cannot see why a cinch is not fit for purpose either, I had heard some had problems with the reliability of the pivot rivet, but cannot confirm or link to any proof just hear say and rumour like everything.

And Drew a hitch is very suitable and has been tested as such thanks to the people behind the CE lanyard and CE climb.

I wore my cinch out in 3 years use, it's a great bit of kit, but have since gone back to a hitch and forgotten how much I like it and how much more versatile it is.

I wore my cinch out in 3 years use, it's a great bit of kit, but have since gone back to a hitch and forgotten how much I like it and how much more versatile it is.

A hitch really is the classic for a lanyard adjuster and I find to actually be more reliable than the Cinch. However, the Cinch has the option to be used SRT which opens up another world of positioning options.

Anyone know of any other lanyard adjuster that can be used SRT?