Huskie nose sprocket.

Bren.

Good call.

With a but, If your bar is wearing whilst you are using it, you are creating swarf and the grease will trap it.

Having said that, I have been very careful about dressing my bars for years now, and this is the first time this has happened to me.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good call.

With a but, If your bar is wearing whilst you are using it, you are creating swarf and the grease will trap it.

Having said that, I have been very careful about dressing my bars for years now, and this is the first time this has happened to me.

I expect God hates you . He doesn't like me , we have never got on .....:001_smile:

mine just went yesterday! typical i bought a new chain for it sat too! i am also in the non greasing the bar clan! and this saw has bee used on oaks and allot of sweet chestnut coppice! although the sprocket actually went half way through a plunge cut felling a medium sized beech! although i got allot of use out of that bar! i took a closer look at it and i could see it was just starting to hit at the bottom of the rails!

IMG-20131208-00100_zpsdf67cd61.jpg

Charlie

On the whole, I don't grease them either, but I've had several go pop and others who do grease have too.

I think forestry is a lot harder on the noses than arb from a lot more snedding.

True point there mate. I think the same too .. In Forestry its like you dont have enough time to maintain your saw the way you should (e.g: Workshop maintainance) Domestic is much easier on the Saws in general I think. Clogging up the Nose Sprockets doesnt help .. (Trained not to stick things in it but what can you do to clear it out in the woods? .. Its not like I carry my wire brush In my Backpack .. Or maybe we should???)

Have any of you with 'Snapped N.Sprockets' Had the nose trapped in you back cut or a heavy log squeeze your tip?? Reason im asking .. Ive been wandering if its the type of bar (Whats its made of really) Electrolite bars seem to be able to take more of a battering Ive found .. Perhaps its the Bar's Manufacturer .. Oregons, etc that are made of a more brittle steel??

Looking for a bar that is almost bomb proof (For them Trees which have lil Nasties Hiding in them) .. A full Road Curb is the main reason Smashed my nose.s to bits (Bore Cutting, close to a Fence) .. Another which was easier to spot was a, Bicycle .. the tree had grown around it and swallowed it, cutting it out was bit of a pain to say the least. So .. Is it the Nose Sprocket itself thats Weak because of Use / The Material its made of??

True point there mate. I think the same too .. In Forestry its like you dont have enough time to maintain your saw the way you should (e.g: Workshop maintainance) Domestic is much easier on the Saws in general I think. Clogging up the Nose Sprockets doesnt help .. (Trained not to stick things in it but what can you do to clear it out in the woods? .. Its not like I carry my wire brush In my Backpack .. Or maybe we should???)

Have any of you with 'Snapped N.Sprockets' Had the nose trapped in you back cut or a heavy log squeeze your tip?? Reason im asking .. Ive been wandering if its the type of bar (Whats its made of really) Electrolite bars seem to be able to take more of a battering Ive found .. Perhaps its the Bar's Manufacturer .. Oregons, etc that are made of a more brittle steel??

Looking for a bar that is almost bomb proof (For them Trees which have lil Nasties Hiding in them) .. A full Road Curb is the main reason Smashed my nose.s to bits (Bore Cutting, close to a Fence) .. Another which was easier to spot was a, Bicycle .. the tree had grown around it and swallowed it, cutting it out was bit of a pain to say the least. So .. Is it the Nose Sprocket itself thats Weak because of Use / The Material its made of??

Try the Sugihara bars . Very well made .

DSCF0006.jpg.c3d9fb2fe8e40e165d01ec0356557725.jpg

:thumbup1: Looks pretty Heavy Duty to me Stubby mate .. Cheers :thumbup:

Heavy duty but light weight . Lighter than the standard bars so slightly less nose heavy . Check em out on Rob D site " chainsawbars " on here . I have a 15" on 346 ported saw an 18" on the petemate tuned 560 a 24" on my ported 372 and a 28" on my ported 390 ...:001_smile:

Heavy duty but light weight . Lighter than the standard bars so slightly less nose heavy . Check em out on Rob D site " chainsawbars " on here . I have a 15" on 346 ported saw an 18" on the petemate tuned 560 a 24" on my ported 372 and a 28" on my ported 390 ...:001_smile:

Haha, Show off :001_tt2: Will get a bar 16" for my 450xp and give that a run .. Thankyou for your suggestion Stubby fella .. Bang Tidy!! :thumbup1:

Try the Sugihara bars . Very well made .

Can I ask how much you paid for that bar? I'm interested in getting one I'm sick of husky bars I want my money's worth out of a bar.

Also that looks like a 560 if so where did you get those timber dogs from? I'd be interested in putting them on my 560

Edit; I'm running a 3/8 chain on my 560

Edited by CJM