Dolmar saw?

GTS

Ive a husky 576xpg, and its fab. Ive a ms261vw and its on its last life... Ive started looking into Jonsered and Dolmars in the area of 50cc+ to husky 390 territory. Dolmars seem to spin higher than huskys, or am I mistaken? I like the new flat bar look of them too on the cover side but am unsure if this is style over substance? What do you think?

Huskys as far as I'm aware rev highest, dolmars are slower but have more torque as far as I'm aware, but you're better off speaking to timbercutterdartmoor about dolmar saws, as he has a major love for them and knows more about them

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ive a husky 576xpg, and its fab. Ive a ms261vw and its on its last life... Ive started looking into Jonsered and Dolmars in the area of 50cc+ to husky 390 territory. Dolmars seem to spin higher than huskys, or am I mistaken? I like the new flat bar look of them too on the cover side but am unsure if this is style over substance? What do you think?

TDC will be along , hes yer man for Dollies ....

hello gts ive got the new PS 5105 (50cc) and the PS 7910 (79cc) yes they do rev out very high the hand book quotes the following engine speeds

PS 5105 13800 rpm PS7910 12800 rpm

the ps 5105 revs out so well and is happiest at high revs its a lovely saw for snedding out the bushiest of sitka spruce it glides over the tree with ease nice and slim very low maintainence

the PS 7910 is a powerhouse of a saw its slimline its got a nice set of west coast dogs on it at 5.7hp and 6.7kg that is a good power to weight ratio

and its going on holiday to see spudalike and have a porting/tuning session

cant wait:thumbup1::thumbup1:

hope this info helps

T.C.D will fill you in on all the technical stuff and explain in full

cheers shavey

Hi Shavey,

thanks for the info, there's so much good news about the 550 and 560xp, from guys on here and my local shop, however, I cant help thinking that I might be missing something buying into stihl and husky, as they appear to be the norm, the standard if you like, dolmar & jonsered seem to have been around for donkeys too but which ones and parts... can I pick them up quick?

Hi Shavey,

thanks for the info, there's so much good news about the 550 and 560xp, from guys on here and my local shop, however, I cant help thinking that I might be missing something buying into stihl and husky, as they appear to be the norm, the standard if you like, dolmar & jonsered seem to have been around for donkeys too but which ones and parts... can I pick them up quick?

i have got a 560 running on a 3/8 18" and i like it nice saw cuts very well a good exhaust note, dealers two within 1hr travelling but no probs so far

dolmars i havent had to buy any parts yet but iam sure they can be purchased easy

jonsereds i got a 2036 turbo and a SP49 both these are quite old now but never had a problem in the past they are not used much now

miker on here said if you wanted to purchase the big jonsereds you gotta get it from sweden as its not available here

i think the makita / dolmar relationship is similar to what the husky jonsereds partner mcculloch relationship is

you get a 90% dolmar in makita clothing

and a 90% husky in jonsereds mcculloch partner clothing

heard good things about the new dolmars,jonsered are virtually the same as husq ,apart from straight front handle and recoil position, biggest jonny in the uk is 2171,which is a husq 372 in red clothes, i had a dolmar 9010,big heavy but torquey saw,ok for odd fell and ringing big wood,built like a tank,but would have 385/390 husq in preference,hope this helps a bit

mike

Generally you are mistaken, but of course it depends on the exact saws that you compare.