Big T`s first chipper refurb thread!

Big T

Thanks steve, I finally figured the woring out yesterday and the beast fired up ok!:)

Rob, yeah I will feed it slowly! Battery is ok, have it on charge to see if it will take a full charge. Worst come to the worst I will drop a new one in:) I was tempted to do a bare metal respray etc but I have work lined up for it so it needs to be out working!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update!

The engine blew on Tuesday and smashed a big hole in the crankcase, think the big ends were knackered! Took the engine out today and decided while it was out to build a new chassis for it, ideal time to do it! Planning on fitting a Launtop 20hp V twin engine to it, cash is tight and alot of people seem to rate these engines and they are alot cheaper than a Honda! (I know a Honda would be better but at 2k+ its too expensive!) Seeing as the Launtop has its own fuel tank then Im planning on losing the engine cover off of mine along with the battery/fuel tank compartment and have the engine out in the open, the same idea as the Entec trukloader / TW 18/100g. Seems a good idea to cut down on weight etc as I have to move it around on me own! Pics to follow!

Gutted for you, can't believe she went bang. Hope you manage to get up and running again asap

No worries mate, she is an old machine so breakdowns are to be expected! Hopefully once the new engine is fitted she will be back with a vengance, seeing as the flywheel bearings are in good nick there should be little else to go wrong with her, treat her to a new set of blades and she will be sorted:thumbup1: