Scuba anyone

bob

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the main reason for wanting advanced and a bit more depth

Again, IMO over rated. Mainly because most companies only offer a limited number of dives per day, about two or three is usual. The deeper you go, the more air you need to fill your lungs and so the quicker you use what's in your tank.

For some people however, the depth is the thrill, so if that's your thing go for it!

Whatever you do, diving is just great fun!! (unless you have your mask and regulator ripped off your face at 20m by a big steal anchor chain that you hadn't seen, like I did off Brisbane. Scary, but probably also the most fun I've had under water! My buddy had surfaced without letting me know too.)

:lol:

Whatever you do, diving is just great fun!! (unless you have your mask and regulator ripped off your face at 20m by a big steal anchor chain that you hadn't seen, like I did off Brisbane. Scary, but probably also the most fun I've had under water! My buddy had surfaced without letting me know too.)

:lol:

Or get bitten by a moray eel at 25m and having to do a safety stop with blood pouring out my hand on a shark dive.:scared1:

Still went back in the next day.:001_smile:

thats the main reason for wanting advanced and a bit more depth

Oh, and watch out for Nitrogen Narcosis. It doesn't happen to everyone, but can make you feel drunk at depth. It can be hilarious! I've seen people taking their regulators out and trying to give them to passing fish because they were worried the fish were going to drown. :blink:

Or get bitten by a moray eel at 25m and having to do a safety stop with blood pouring out my hand on a shark dive.:scared1:

Still went back in the next day.:001_smile:

Haha! That sounds like a good dive. Did they ever tell you why a knife is an essential part of your diving kit?

So that if you see a BIG shark, you can stab your buddy!:001_rolleyes:

i meant doing night dives and a bit more depth

where i was in dubia there were a couple of sites 2m below my limit

Awh. That's a bit rubbish. :mad1: They'll make you do you're advanced for 2m. I'd have taken you at low tide.

That's why they're called PADI (Put Another Dollar In).

Used to be a PADI Instructor and a commercial abalone(paua in NZ) diver,never dived outside of NZ though,agree about the night dives they are great,most people think that they are going to be scary but I find nightdives to be very peaceful,deep dives are great in NZ because of the great reefs and drop offs and the fish(like groper) that are past the 100ft zone,I believe PADI dive courses are formatted by people who want to impress on others that they have a great knowledge,scuba is basically simple but can be made to seem quiet complex requiring more and more courses $$$$$ and gear $$$$

• 4 weeks later...