Scuba anyone

bob

Me and my son passed our open water padi on tuesday and today were swimming with great big turtles,cutter fish and thousands of other stunning fishies

Really made the effort worthwhile

just wondered if any others did scuba

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never took it on as a past time, but have dived at Cozimel, Dominican Republic and the Maldives.

I'm, very jealous Bob, had no idea Kirklees paid their Arbs so well :sneaky2:

Glad to hear you're having a fine and dandy time.

Now get off the "Talk" and go spend some quality time with your other family :001_tongue:

Congrats Bob! What a great thing to do with your son.

I have dived a bit - can't say it is a proper regular hobby of mine due to time and finance - but I absolutely love it. I am off to Malaysia in June so hoping to get lots of diving in there. My wife is going to do her PADI open water so we can do some diving together.

Have dived in Lake Malawi, Zanzibar, Fiji, Turkey and Greece so far....oh, and the Isles of Scilly once as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a divemaster and worked in Australia and Thailand a couple of winters ago.

I'd recommend it to anyone!

Deep diving (IMO) is over rated though, unless there's something specific you're going down to see. The deeper you go, the less time you get, the less colour and generally the less life there is.

If you're going to do your advanced make sure you do a night dive! It's like another world. It's what I imagine being in space would be like.

Well done with your open water! I'm sure you've already had a great time.

Couldn't agree more about the night dive -that is too amazing! It was the first dive on my advanced course and I was a bit nervous...when you are on the surface looking down the water looks pretty scary and black.

Once we were in though it was the most relaxing dive I have ever done - used much less gas than normal! After a while we killed the torches, accustomed our eyes to the low light and then enjoyed the crazy phosphorence. Stunning.