conversation with a logs customer

John Shutler

By law a tree should have to be cut using growth points always but it could never be managed who would check every job impossible.

don't we have enough legislation,if we carry on the way we are going,you'll need a permit to fart,and remember some of the oldest tree we have were butchered in the past.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By law a tree should have to be cut using growth points always but it could never be managed who would check every job impossible.

don't we have enough legislation,if we carry on the way we are going,you'll need a permit to fart,and remember some of the oldest tree we have were butchered in the past.

could not agree more,burnham beaches and the oaks and windsor the list could go on and they are only ancient due to a good butchering!

tree work of all kinds has its places but the home owner should know the effects of the work carried out..felled a hacked sycomore today thats now twice as thick and going for the sky due to a butchering last year as the guy wanted more light didnt realise the effect of a good 40%+reduction and should of been told maybe a thin and raise would not of caused such regrowth and he wanted to keep the tree but after the butchery there was no way it could be kept if he wanted light but i think people just have an idea that thats the thing to do and it can be damn hard to change some peoples minds...

could not agree more,burnham beaches and the oaks and windsor the list could go on and they are only ancient due to a good butchering!

tree work of all kinds has its places but the home owner should know the effects of the work carried out..felled a hacked sycomore today thats now twice as thick and going for the sky due to a butchering last year as the guy wanted more light didnt realise the effect of a good 40%+reduction and should of been told maybe a thin and raise would not of caused such regrowth and he wanted to keep the tree but after the butchery there was no way it could be kept if he wanted light but i think people just have an idea that thats the thing to do and it can be damn hard to change some peoples minds...

I agree you must tell the customer all the facts,and only if they insist that if you don't do the job they will get some one else to do it ,then i will do it.

Thats pretty harsh imho

True Veteran Pollards were created and used by man in need of survival, sustainably using i.e Tree fodder, Firewood, Charcoal, Tools etc...

We should not confuse the bad tree surgery practices of today in the name of access to light, views, developement etc, with the long association man has had with understanding and interacting with trees and the environment around him, unlike most of our modern self-centered societies of today !

Telhol, actually they werent my words or yours.....they were marcs.

pay attention numpty:grinning-smiley-003

I said exactly what you said just in more words, i,e don't slag em off just say you do it differently and that you think your ways better!