conversation with a logs customer

John Shutler

the other problem i see is that if the customer either continues to have the work done but mentions to said firm oh john shutler says that that is a shocking standard of tree work or says i decided that i dont want the work done because ive been told thats not how it should be done its me thats in the ****. especially when i see the lads from that firm in my local where they all drink

I know what you mean, but they are your competition! Don't outright slag them off be diplomatic, put your approach to pruning forward in a way not to accuse the other company of being butchers, but just that your way is better.

Then when you see the competition down the pub, rip the piss out of them for doing such a shocking job.:drunk:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I serve the customer, therefore will, after educating them do what they request. I will recomendthe most appropriate to solve any problem they have (never seen a 10% reduction or thin sort out light issues yet! ).

Price fixing towards good work I do, but in the end it's there tree!

I think one of the reasons why people are so ready to accept sub standard work on their trees is because they dont place a real monetary value on the trees.

The more people come to realize that their property values DECREASE when the tree is cut any old way, the more they will be willing to pay for proper work.

My impression is that Europe has more laws governing tree work than America. But, like America, both countries have folks who just dont care.

Its a challenging and thankless battle arborists have in educating the public.

A great example of priorities is a person with a real fancy car, who takes it to a shop which does bad work, but gives them a low price.

If they can do that with their expensive car, what hope do we have with trying to get them to do good work on their trees?

I know what you mean, but they are your competition! Don't outright slag them off be diplomatic, put your approach to pruning forward in a way not to accuse the other company of being butchers, but just that your way is better.

Then when you see the competition down the pub, rip the piss out of them for doing such a shocking job.:drunk:

Telhol, actually they werent my words or yours.....they were marcs.

pay attention numpty:grinning-smiley-003

i think the problem is that if we dont regulate standards in this industry, unfortunatley they will slip.there arnt enough people trying to promote decent work practices and to many people carrying these so called "reductions" whoare oblivious to the fact that its bad or are aware but dont care.

I like most reduce with growth shoots where possible.

I fully agree trees should be cut in a way that least affects its survivability and sustaines a symetrical shape.

The problem is its always up to the customer they in most cases own the tree on there land so its their choice.

We can only offer advice but even then you need indemity insurance otherwise you can even offer advice.

By law a tree should have to be cut using growth points always but it could never be managed who would check every job impossible.