Quoting work for friends (or friends of friends)

Hollands

Tough one especially for really close mates, 'cos you've normally got to pay a groundie at least.

Think it's best to quote your normal price.

At least they know they'll get a decent job, not ripped off and a decent tidy up. If they don't like your price, move on.

Your right mate. It's not so bad if you can do the job on your own, but if you need to pay staff you need to be making reasonable money. If a job is really labour intensive (heaps of dragging etc) i have to price for an extra guy, i guess it depends how hard you expect someone to work and what value you put on the labour. I'm sure that companies that go through alot of staff because they work them into the ground will be cheaper as they place less actual value on the staff. Basically if its a s***ty job i'm not doing it for nothing and dont expect my staff to.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always tell people that my price wont be competitive before i even go and see them. saves any embarrassment on the day then

Cannot see the point of saying this to customers Steve, as straight away you have distanced yourself from them with out seeing the job.

Personally I go round see the job, then discuss it with the customer, and point out the costings etc, and the service we offer, in comparison to some other not so reputable contractors.

It's all about how you present yourself

Personally I go round see the job, then discuss it with the customer, and point out the costings etc, and the service we offer, in comparison to some other not so reputable contractors.

It's all about how you present yourself

I never talk about other contractors when quoting, reputable or not, my work stands alone and I don't feel the need to put others down in an effort to lift myself up. :001_smile:

It's not about bigging yourself up Dave, and I agree totally, I also don't comment or critise other peoples work, I don't see the point.There is no point in putting others down, but I find some times members of the public need guidance, and it's not rocket science to understand that a company that offers, paving, tarmacing, fencing, pressure washing, oh and tree work are possibly not going to work to the same standard that trained arborists will.