Who does radio headsets.

steve@black

Worked with Al Cormack who has the Arborcoms. Brilliant!! But went and bought the steins as they were that much cheaper. Good quality but only in the one ear plus you have the wires to contend with too. If I had the cash I'd get the AC's.

I wouldn't! They were great for the first 18 months then started going wrong. Mike wire breaking inside the insulation so couldn't see it. Not turning on. Speaker packing up. Had them refurbished at a cost of £100 (don't forget they cost nearly £700 in the first place) and now a year later not working again:mad::thumbdown:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to consider the Peltor LiteCom series. Available as helmet-mount earmuffs. One of the models works as an active hearing protection, so you can communicate easily while wearing it, and when chainsaw starts, it will dampen the noise automatically.

Some models even have bluetooth, allowing you to connect to your phone

See Peltor Lite-Com Headsets

Edited by morten

Sena, £329 for a pair. Noise cancelling mic, range up to 900meters, you can pair 4 headsets for group comms, connects to your Bluetooth phone for calls, will even stream mp3, and it has stereo speakers that fit neatly in standard ear muffs.

What's not to like?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_10?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=sena+smh10+dual&sprefix=Sena+smh10%2Cautomotive%2C268

image.jpg.e4524101ceb61293c798c5406fda0606.jpg

Sena, £329 for a pair. Noise cancelling mic, range up to 900meters, you can pair 4 headsets for group comms, connects to your Bluetooth phone for calls, will even stream mp3, and it has stereo speakers that fit neatly in standard ear muffs.

What's not to like?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_10?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=sena+smh10+dual&sprefix=Sena+smh10%2Cautomotive%2C268

Thats the best I've seen for the money. Liking the fact of multiple pairing. Thats got to make work on site less lonely. All you need now is less heavy breathing:001_smile: and out of tune singing.

One question though. Do you have a cable running down to the battery pack and does the battery pack get in the climbers way?

Edited by likeitorlumpit

That's 2 questions.

There are cables from the base base unit to the ear defenders, mine run inside the helmet above the harness.

I don't find the unit too much of a problem climbing, you can mount it on the back of the helmet instead.

Edit, when you say battery pack, you mean the unit on the helmet? There isn't a separate battery pack.

What's not to like?

Looks like a good replacement for my arborcoms, plus I can have 4 for the same price as 2 arborcoms. Can you have three Sena headsets paired up together for a three man team?

Cheers... Al