Soft shackle

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, using a rigging rope with stretch in it will mean that the soft shackle made of dyneema wouldn't be shock loaded.

that depends a lot on the situation it was used and how much rope was in the system but

if you used it on the end of a rigging line and half hitched it first I'm sure that it would take out a large amount of force and shock loading.

i think I'm going to get a couple to see how they work and use them for connecting my pintos . i think they can be a very useful bit of equipment.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.