is this the correct chain for me?

liampud

Some useful information here on identifying the correct chain for your saw - most of what you need will be stamped on your bar:

Chain | bar | sprocket identification

You might also want to compare the price (go to the custom chain loops tab and enter your spec. then type in the number of drive links you need in the box).

Alec

i have used the custom drop down and a chain the my saw is only £11, not sure about delivery though.

on my bar it has;325-64 1.3/ .050

414-038 141

surely if all the numbers match up and it has 64 drive links it should fit, so i'm wondering if it is a 15" and i have measuered it wrong.

As per other thread, measuring the bar with a tape is irrelevant, for instance a stihl 16" bar comes up longer than a dolmar 16" one... Your bar has the number of drive links stamped on it - 64; .325 pitch, .050 gauge, comes in a variety of forms, full chisel (28lpx), semi chisel, micro chisel etc... Dolmars bars are shorter irrespective of the official length hence the fewer drive links.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Had a quick look round and a 'Dolmar' site gives 14" & 16" bars for the 410 / 411. But on the 'Makita' site, it gives 33cm (13") & 38cm (15) bars for the 410 / 411.

If it reads 15 on your bar, I'd go with that and the 64 links.

Edited by TGB

i measured the bar again this morning and it is cos to 15 than it is to 16" so have ordered a 15" oregan chain. it doesnt have on the bar what length it actually is either, cheers.

If you've ordered insufficient drive links don't blame me!

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor