Tree growth rates / class / yield tables?

RobArb

Amazon has two used forest management table books, forestry commission handbooks for 15 quid at the moment, if they are the same as my book it will have all the general yield class curves and production class curves, and production forecasts for the major species so hopefully you could work the information out you needed from that cheers mate

Nearest i can get get on google and FC site is what used to be booklet 39, now called Forest Mensuration, growth and yield.... i think

You should be able to derive something in stands where there has been constant competition and they are younger than rotation length, i.e. the trees are still putting on more increment than the mean annual increment to date. This is because there is a correlation between top height and yield class. This may be checked by counting rings and using the blue book (39 still published).

The management tables were better for this but that book (34) is no longer published. Mine was never returned to me when a mate borrowed it to get a qualification to score a few more qualifying points for emigration to NZ.

• 3 years later...