Harness, Cambium saver and more

jackmayo

Putting together a climbing kit and looking for a harness around the £150 mark, I like the look of the Arbortec TH5000 and wanted to see if it is rated or not? Or is it work going for the TH7000?

Has anyone got any pictures of the Adjustable cambium saver kit in action as I am unsure of the final set up. What do you pass the rope through due to the fact of there being two large rings. Five metres also sounds very long is this the case?

And karabiners what are the best to get I like the look of the ISC 30kn Mongoose, how many do I need ( i don't need any for the lanyard as I am bying that as a Kit

Thanks

Jack Mitchell

Hi Jack

The Arbortec is a good value for money harness,K ,B's as long as twist lock and decent quality it's personal preference.

When you say adjustable c,saver do you mean multi and or pulley saver?As both can be used as a c'saver.

The pulley saver is a few mtrs long not to sure if its 5 though.

Just go on the GUSTHARTS link on the side they have both and show you the set up.

Hi jack. Were you the young lad who came along to worcwuss' Rec climb earlier this year?

Hopefully there might be another meet soon and if you could make it it'd be an opportunity to try out some of this kit. I'm sure between us we could figure it out. If you haven't already bought the cambium saver it's pretty easy to knock one up for a fraction of the price.

Hi jack. Were you the young lad who came along to worcwuss' Rec climb earlier this year?

Hopefully there might be another meet soon and if you could make it it'd be an opportunity to try out some of this kit. I'm sure between us we could figure it out. If you haven't already bought the cambium saver it's pretty easy to knock one up for a fraction of the price.

I was yes, i'm at college now doing level 3 arb so i getting taught the ropes there. I would love to go on another rec climb but I will be buying this before or on christmas!

Jack

Does it matter if D I Y multi saver it will be same as T,BERGER one.

So click GUSTHARTS link and it'll give you a guide to how to set it and use it.

Picture speaks a thousand words and easier to be shown rather then be told.

I have no problem with it in fact its the one i'm going for as i likes its versatility compared to a ring to ring saver.