How do I prune this tree?!

Poda Girona

Hi,

I would like some professional opinions on how to prune this tree!

I am working in the north-east of spain, catalonia. This tree is in a garden in the city Olot.

Never before did a see a pinus with this shape. The lower branches have all grown up and they fill the grown.

I am worried that some of the lower branches will brake and damage the house. However removing the lower branches will leave a big pruning cuts and it will leave a thin crown.

Furthermore I am not sure what specie it is.

I'll be very happy to read your opinions!!

IMG_0994.jpg.70d2395aa043f7bfa0ad3d3cd04dcb93.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg.50becd116b87afd9e8fb52f45b60bff7.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg.e9693292bff983aade1d48c45ccb622d.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg.084f2d6663b17e52a9ba273d54a0fadc.jpg

Cut off those big lower limbs and job done, pine love big wounds, that will resin up and be dandy.

It's a pine beside property, it's always going to get in the way.

Reducing the crown, will leave the stem open to sun, not that the tree will be to bothered, it's got enough on its plate with hundreds of pruning cuts, but you will loose your nice shade, to me that's the only reason to keep it in your location.:)

Why does it need pruning at all? Looks nice to me and very healthy.

If any pruning at all id go for removal of secondary growth to thin the crown.

Asking how to prune this tree is like asking how do I fix a car, im not at all being funny I would like to know why the tree needs work. If its too big for its location then a reduction, if its causing too much shade then a thin etc etc...

Cheers

Chris

Why does it need pruning at all? Looks nice to me and very healthy.

If any pruning at all id go for removal of secondary growth to thin the crown.

Asking how to prune this tree is like asking how do I fix a car, im not at all being funny I would like to know why the tree needs work. If its too big for its location then a reduction, if its causing too much shade then a thin etc etc...

Cheers

Chris

im thinking its too big for location - if its reduced now, its better than in 10-20yrs when odds on the client will want a 30% reduction and that means larger wounds and more stress on tree

I also think the same thinking applies to the large bottom limb