break in

manky

Thieving gits! If they put that much energy, vehicle and ingenuity into running a real business they'd probably do quite well. It is sickening when what you have worked for and built up by honest toil disappears.

I had a Husky 346 and a Stihl 271 nicked from my truck 3 weeks ago. Parked at the back of my house and locked. I probably have to work about 3 weeks to make enough profit to buy replacements. When I think that I am working for those thieving scumbags it makes me very angry. Oh to meet them and catch them at it.

I know this is a little of the topic the nxt village across from me had the post office broken into and the safe stolen the house opposite seen four men walking from it at half two in the morning carrying a baby (the safe) and didn't think anything of it.. so doesn't seem much good if people do see anything.

Really feel for you mate had a really bad time of it back 2-3 years ago had four break in's in a year at our yard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

As above watch out for the return visit when you have replaced your stolen items. A chap I worked with was done over 3 months later when the insurance had replaced his stuff and they even used his vehicle to cart it away the second time. I might sound a bit paranoid but I'm sure they have spotters and must keep records of places they have done over and share them with other criminals. Get a few cartridge alarms set up round the place to make a bit of noise.

We have a Bushnell infra red trail cam. Get the type with the 'black' IR LEDS so they can't be seen. Lash it to a tree, cover the body with mud and debris and off you go. Almost invisible, takes 8xAA batteries which last for a year and the mem card costs a fiver and holds 7000 hi res photos - all you do is change the card out every time you're there and check it on your computer when you get home. Then stick up a sign saying the site is monitored, they'll have a look to see if they can spot the cameras then realise that the cameras have probably already spotted them peering hopelessly into the trees and head off - bingo! They know you must have a mug shot for future use even if they haven't nicked anything. We got a great shot of a shell suit hoody having a prowl.

We got broken into 18 months ago and this system has worked for us since then.

Edited by Liam In The Borders
Adding additional info.