Contract Processing

farmer_ben

"25-30 of his trailer loads which is 1.4cube a time. That was in 5hrs."

That's mighty impressive Ben. Is it the Tajfun you bought? don't think our little Farmi could match that output.

yeh with the tajfun i bought. that is just a guess really and im just going by what the 2 guys estimated they had. they think we did 15t roughly of mostly real big stuff that would only just get in the machine. he said his trailer holds roulghy 600kgs so 15t would be 25 loads. must stress these are his predictions not mine!! i was more or less using the whole 17" bar most of the time and had the 8 way knife in the whole time too.

Even if they have over estimated a bit it still sounds like you will be good value to hire in for those who need it :thumbup:

well these are rough figures again but gives you an idea...

cost them roughly £200 for my 5hrs.

say i did 25 loads for them, thats £8 to process a load.

or if it was 20 loads thats £10 a load. Pretty good value if you ask me!

This is an interesting thread, I'm thinking of buying a medium self powered towable processor in a few months when I find some woodland to buy. Wondering if anybody had any recommendations or advice to give.

Thanks

James

Hi James

If buying a road tow machine I don't think there is much choice. It's the Japa,Hakie Pilke or the Farmi unless buying a big machine. I looked at the Farmi 36 and the Japa 700 (non road tow machine). For me the Farmi looked a better machine so I did not consider their smaller row tow machine. I did not look at the Hakie Pilke but the spec makes it look a small capacity machine so the Farmi won it for me. Also lots of happy owners on here when I did a search. I am sure they all have some merit but I have no regrets about my choice.