Business Facebook pages

GardenKit

I`ve got a facebook page, and at first it generated a fair bit of work.I`ve got 100+ likes but as has been said, if you want to keep on promoting it theres a charge.I see other adverts now on my wall promoting other things with a little banner underneath would you like this.Click on it and theres a charge.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a meeting last week, of a major garden machinery importer.

They are encouraging their dealer network to embrace e.commerce a bit more seriously and are saying that Facebook is the place to be.

Apparently our European counterparts have made great use of FB and a great percentage of their business now comes from it.

I am sceptical, possibly because I am not of the FB generation as I see it.

What do you guys think?

Have you tried it to promote your business?

Do you use it to find suppliers or product?

I opened a page last night, no idea what to put on it, any ideas.

Oh, and if you like it, 'like it' please.

We get much more traffic through our LinkedIn page than our Facebook.

This facebook thing is a slow old business. My page is over a month old and I still only have 27 likes:confused1:

I have asked quite a few customers, but most do not seem to use fb, but I suppose we will get there eventually.

How do you guys get on with your page?

On Facebook: PAY for advertisement, keep your page OPEN for ALL to see, Keep it updated with new pics to keep people interested, talking about your page aswell as visuals of your Quality of work:thumbup1:

Try and put your Link to the page in Emails, Inbox's etc as a Header/Footer and Get your Friends, Family, Colleague's etc to share your page aswell.

http://www.facebook.com/HalfhidesTreeServices?ref=hl (My page)

Ask Permission First:

But if you have Highly Respectable, CelebTypes, Big Businessman Power Suit Types Etc, Ask them if it would be ok to Name Them &/ Their Business/Association/Society.

The Main Tip:

Raise Awareness .. Attract Potential Clients To Your Business, Show Them Your Quality of Work .. And Make People Aware Your Still Trading (Pages on the internet dont get enough attention alot of the time, So afew Pics, Vid clips, Posts every now n then will keep your page alive n kicking, but at the sametime doesnt annoy people with notifications every Two Mins)

Hope this all helps you lot.!!! :thumbup1:

Edited by Drew87

Thanks for the advice Drew.

Up to 32 likes now, but it is slow.

For the others, who cannot find my page by searching, it may help to search 'Garden Kit', rather than 'gardenkit' as it appears on arbtalk.

Copying a link is of course easier, but finding a page through simple searching is the normal way that most people who know of you, but do not know you, would search.

I am no longer able to post a link, due to forum rules, but will be keen to hear if simple searching works.

To keep the record straight, I am not really attempting to advertise my business at the moment, just keen to get to grips with Fb and how it all works. The forum is an ideal sounding board for this.

No worries there mate .. Just happy to help:thumbup1:

If you want anymore help on the Fbook subject just let me know mate (As I do it myself on my lappy screen, I try pass info on every 'click' of the mouse so dont lose people in the process) Im going to like your page through HTS's Page dude. As Ive got Family in your neck of the woods I'll forward your link to them n get you more likes and awareness. (Uncle n Cousins live in a Pink Cottage in the middle of no where, so might take upto a couple days before they like it, but they will.) Keep in touch fella n dont be shy to ask ..

There Isnt a 'How To' manual with FB unfortunately

@kentjames, Ive liked your page, so over 33+ on yours now:biggrin:

@raker, Thats good going mate fp to you. Im up to 73 likes now (since Feb) and like people have already stated it does take time to get more.

Ive had over 245 views on a post on there yet not many have 'Liked' the page, as they say its hard to find the Invite itself .. So, Perhaps this is why its hard to get, likes, Quickly?

Im also on Google's Search Engine but i dont have a clue how .. and a regular client said he found me in YellowPages (But i know im not in there as i havent put in an advertisement?) I tried that Trust a Trader and was in the process of having signed up with them., Realised how much Id have to pay them, just for someone filling in an online form .. Rip Off.!! £35 per Form, + £85 per month to stay on there, + 20-30% of the job price, every single job .. No thanks.!! Id rather do it many other ways. lol

• 2 weeks later...

So.... I don't get it? Does face book charge, and if so how much?

As a business do I have to use the business version?

Or can I just use my name?

And finally (sorry) I still don't get the search thing?

I don't use it at the moment but am very interested (and unsure)

:001_cool: thanks in advance

I am new to all this FB stuff as well but have just set up 2 pages for my business.. go on your own profile settings and 'create page' ..better still get someone you know who is FB savey to be a 'manager' and they can do it for you..:thumbup1:

And never miss a plug :001_tt2:

https://www.facebook.com/woodshedkendal?ref=hl

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Woodmad/764805250200148?ref=hl

We're up to about 130 likes on our page.

Keep putting pics up, I tell everyone when I price a job to check the page for pics of past work.

Put it on your trucks.

I've got to admit that I don't maintain it enough. But I get about a job a month from it, some big ones too.

I'm not advertising mods, but here's my page.

http://www.facebook.com/dn22gardening

Sent from bed using Arbtalk Mobile App