Business Facebook pages

GardenKit

Don't expect a free ride from Facebook.... they are quickly ratcheting down the 'free' aspects that early adopters enjoyed; 'monetising' it as they like to call it since the float. Expect only 10% of your likes to see your posts without a promotional push.

It's not necessarily a problem but be aware it will cost you to get your message out. As with anything else, if the return for the outlay is acceptable then it is a good thing. The geographic and demographic targeting gives a very specific audience so at least you are not p!ss!ng your money into the wind.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a Facebook business page is a good move.

You can then make a small advert with a picture and filter who will see the ad by demographics such as interest. What i mean is that you could show the ad only to people whose interests include 'gardening" for example, so you only pay for each click on the ad but they will be a targeted audience. You can set the ad to 'optimise for page likes" to get more likes, and set the daily spend to something low like £2 if you wish.

Then, once you have a good number of likes, each time you update the page all your likers see that in their timeline too.

treehuggs

• 1 month later...

This facebook thing is a slow old business. My page is over a month old and I still only have 27 likes:confused1:

I have asked quite a few customers, but most do not seem to use fb, but I suppose we will get there eventually.

How do you guys get on with your page?

Edited by Steve Bullman

It is slow to build an audience. I know Ian Flatters of Target trees has done a lot of audience building using alternative subject matter to get shares on peoples time lines. This basically involves posting pics of fluffy animals and cute things to get people to like and share them, and therefore more page likes. I assume this has worked since his page likes have rocketed. Personally if I did this I know most of my followers would question the reason for posting such a subject matter. Needs must I suppose.

Facebook is the largest known community on the planet, social media is the future, but obviously it depends on your target demographic as to if its totally suitable as a marketing tool. I believe it is for the ones with technological knowledge to fly it, but its not going to work for mrs Jones down the road who doesn't have internet access and who's laptop holds her dinner on the lap and not a window on the world.

J

This facebook thing is a slow old business. My page is over a month old and I still only have 27 likes:confused1:

I have asked quite a few customers, but most do not seem to use fb, but I suppose we will get there eventually.

How do you guys get on with your page?

just tried searching for your page, what is it called ?

Ive liked your page Harvey - fine looking log stores you have there :thumbup1:

Garden Kits facebook is -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garden-Kit/741919342491375

J

cheers james, i've just liked yours :thumbup:

I've got garden kits thru your link, but i'm having problems finding him if i type it in on facebook:confused1:

Is it possible to link to each others pages thru facebook

cheers james, i've just liked yours :thumbup:

I've got garden kits thru your link, but i'm having problems finding him if i type it in on facebook:confused1:

Is it possible to link to each others pages thru facebook

Cheers Harvey :thumbup1:

Pages can like Pages, Profiles can like Pages, but Pages cannot befriend Profiles (hope that makes sense)

You can always promote another page through copying the page URL and sharing it as a link via your own page newsfeed?

Pages are sometimes tricky to find on facebook, although its probably easier once you have the direct url path (eg http://www.facebook.com/kent.gardening) which you can only have once you have X amount of page likes.

Thanks for the info guys.

i have found it difficult to find pages too, especially without knowing the URL first, which kind of defeats the object.

Some of you will have noticed that I did originally post my URL, but I was unwittingly in breach of the forum rules which only allow site sponsors (which I am not) to post URL's to Facebook Business pages and business websites.

I apologise to Steve and anyone else I may have offended by posting the links.

Barrie.