H&S rumour?

cerneARB

Permanant 2 rope anchors would be 'a large pain in the arse'. I always use 2 ropes (dont we all!) but think if we cant choose/decide when to use both as anchors in our work..then they (hse) must regard us all as dribbling idiots...

you've lost me? i use one rope and a strop,use both ends of my rope,but one rope.

• 4 weeks later...

The HSE increasingly look to the industry to set standards for specific industries by adopting recognised 'good practice', within the broad context of H&S legislation. The most significant piece of law in this instance is the Work at Height Regulations.

The HSE have indicated fairly clearly that they consider the current Guide to Good Climbing Practice to be a statement of industry good practice. In fact, I think there may be a forward in book making this point, but I don't have a copy to hand. If you climb according the GGCP then you are doing what you need to to look after your safety and keep on the right side of the HSE. If you don't, then you should be aware that work at height is currently one of the HSE's priority areas for action.

. If you climb according the GGCP then you are doing what you need to to look after your safety and keep on the right side of the HSE. If you don't, then you should be aware that work at height is currently one of the HSE's priority areas for action.

although they dont tell you that they'd rather chase a big fish than a little one (value for money or some such notion)

The HSE increasingly look to the industry to set standards for specific industries by adopting recognised 'good practice', within the broad context of H&S legislation. The most significant piece of law in this instance is the Work at Height Regulations.

The HSE have indicated fairly clearly that they consider the current Guide to Good Climbing Practice to be a statement of industry good practice. In fact, I think there may be a forward in book making this point, but I don't have a copy to hand. If you climb according the GGCP then you are doing what you need to to look after your safety and keep on the right side of the HSE. If you don't, then you should be aware that work at height is currently one of the HSE's priority areas for action.

This more about duty of care,ie if you use subies or employ a climber,if it's your job,your firm and your the climber, they are less interested.Same goes for climbing groundie,i think its more important to have a rope which will reach the floor,which i don't think is in the GGCP.