Three Do,s

telhol

speed is always a funny one its more about effeciency and depends on staff levels drag distance and chipper capabilities if i am dismantling next to 11inch chipper with 3 groundsmen i will work harder to keep them occupied where as 20metre drag to a 6 inch with 1 groundsman nice steady pace generally we process up the tree as groundies should be chipping brash not processing

i am the fastest climber at work but you will never see me rushing its all down to planning and positioning!

p.s if speed is how fast you can put the tree on the floor so that groundies are burried and take longer to chip up imho thats piss poor its about effecient working from one tea breakj to the next

if i am dismantling next to 11inch chipper with 3 groundsmen i will work harder to keep them occupied

Over the years I have decided that this is the wrong way to approach my work, what the ground people are doing will never dictate wether I should speed up.

These days I work at my pace in the tree, and no groundies or bosses will ever change that.

If you are working harder to keep the groundies occupied then there is something wrong IMHO.

If a climber is too slow, then he has been sent up the wrong tree by a piss poor boss.

Good point Bob i only normally work with one groundie and he does not use a saw,so i cut every thing ready for chipping up the tree,lower almost nothing, i will always stop and wait if needs be to allow him to move bash so he doesn't have a tangle to fight with,you need to work smart not quick.

Hey call me lazy but i slow up if there loads of crap on the floor i like to think of this as a work reduction tactic.

Im getting some spikes and that made me poop myself im going to custom make some calf protection.

And boys boys i must say these are some nice comments did you all get laid or sommin lol.