I will beat any quote by 5%

steve@black

Dont get me wrong I have in the past dropped my price a little to match a quote that is the benefit of being the last there but for 5% difference surely most customers will go with who they liked better.

It's really just a device to get them in front of the client. Once there one can work the magic:001_smile:

IME very few clients will show you the other quotes, they can be cagey and play you. I doubt it's a genuine guarantee.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently lost a job on price. My price was £2000 and the job went to a company who did the work for £800.

It took the other outfit 14 man days (2days with 4 men and 3 days with 2 men) to complete the job, and they demolished a £1500 raised platform decking area.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

I had tried to explain to the customer up front that we don't pride ourselves on being cheap, but we pride ourselves on being good, and I guaranteed the decking would be undamaged.

So now opens the question of profit margins and your worth.

I quote on what i want,the guys are happy,and hopefully the client accepts the price.

If not,let somebody else have it.

Honesty priceless!

How many times have you heard,well there's a bit more than we thought

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Dont get me wrong I have in the past dropped my price a little to match a quote that is the benefit of being the last there but for 5% difference surely most customers will go with who they liked better.

I believe the quality of your work and overall demeanor will carry the day.

Remain professional,since no one can pimp you or your work better!

easy-lift guy

In my experience as soon as they talk about % people cannot work it out! it's a gimmick and YOU sell the jobs. The price is important but when you turn up looking the part and walking the walk you get the sales. People buy from people.

Also the ones always wanting the cheap option are a royal pain the in arse they are never happy, take the longest to sort out and don't even say thank you!