sharpening greenteeth

Breezeblock

I'd appreciate any tips on sharpening Greenteeth at all.

New machine and haven't touched them yet after a fair few stumps. Massively impressed so far.

Any tips on rotation etc also appreciated.

Sorry for the slight derail mate, sounds feasible but I don't know enough (anything) about this so can't comment.

has anybody thought about sharpening greenteeth with a plasma cutter just a thought as plasma will cut throughout anything that conducts electricity if you could rotate the cutters as you blow off the rounded off edge or even using arc air

I think if you are thinking of alternative cost cutting, maybe you are not charging enough money, I just grind and rotate as soon as each tooth dulls , not after every stump, but I will inspect, but at the end of each day, and it then has a full wheel service ready for the next day, by the way, really impressed with my Jo Beau B31-110 using red greenteeth 700's i'v turned into a ninja with it, fantastic machine, thanks Paul at Vermeer .

I think if you are thinking of alternative cost cutting, maybe you are not charging enough money, I just grind and rotate as soon as each tooth dulls , not after every stump, but I will inspect, but at the end of each day, and it then has a full wheel service ready for the next day, by the way, really impressed with my Jo Beau B31-110 using red greenteeth 700's i'v turned into a ninja with it, fantastic machine, thanks Paul at Vermeer .

no just an alternative to grinding carbide as it takes ages saturn do each tip for 5.50 + vat so they are relatively inexpensive hey it was just an out loud thought, could you post a pic of your tooth grinder set up as the one ive seen on youtube look like they take forever

Jesse tell me more about rotation. Is it simply 120 every tooth clockwise? Two turns then replace ( or regrind?).

I value your input mate, I hope you can forgive me for the cross-dressing comments in previous threads....

I just couldn't work out how you new about my wardrobe :biggrin: but back to the teeth, after fitting from new and using it is just two turns, and I just replace, once I get a load of fully used teeth I will just stick them on ebay. Orange plant are the best to buy from.

no just an alternative to grinding carbide as it takes ages saturn do each tip for 5.50 + vat so they are relatively inexpensive hey it was just an out loud thought, could you post a pic of your tooth grinder set up as the one ive seen on youtube look like they take forever

I will get TMT to post photos, hes good at that, 18 teeth total and evenly set out at 3 different positions , 6 straight pockets which do most of the cutting as they are set out furthest on the wheel, the others are on angled pockets which wear more from the sweep, I keep the 6 straight cutters completely sharp and as they slightly dull turn them, once used 3 times I will get a second use of them on the angled pockets, as they seem not to be so affected by being dull. Tend not to use the auto function switch as it can be a little slow but the controls are really user friendly, on buttons, a bit like what I would think a nentendo game station , like typing. Best tip of all,preparation, I always take a little extra time having a scratch around for stones first and cut as low as possible with a 66 with a small bar as its a lot quicker to sharpen.