log splitting "cone"

pete23

yep on the back of a tractor there ok..

i filled a 40ft container with splits in 2 days alone and only got my knuckles rapped a couple of times.:blushing:..altho them cones on a tractor willl snap your hand off there cheap to set up.

Art the risk of being boring this is my cone splitter with a 13hp Honda and whilst it is fast on easy splitting stuff like syc etc it has not got enough grunt for a bit of grizzly elm . That has to go on my hydraulic which is slower but don't stop .

DSCF0012.jpg.f0a8b63ad9918b705fdcbc3bfcec9369.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg.f114db12068933b37b895ab64097a3b5.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so any ideas on a cheaper cone from anywhere??

i bought one set up with a 5hp diesel it was poo so dont waste your money you will have more control with a hyd jobby just make sure if you use a small engine bite the bullet and get a 2 stage hyd pump you wont look back honest i took advice on board after i bid won rush,ed in and got a polish log screw n hated it from the off it kept stalling the engine black smoke everywhere and belts jumping off the pullys it was a load of cack

you need straight wood a tractor with a screw for it to work but if its arb waste build a hyd splitter

i bought one set up with a 5hp diesel it was poo so dont waste your money you will have more control with a hyd jobby just make sure if you use a small engine bite the bullet and get a 2 stage hyd pump you wont look back honest i took advice on board after i bid won rush,ed in and got a polish log screw n hated it from the off it kept stalling the engine black smoke everywhere and belts jumping off the pullys it was a load of cack

you need straight wood a tractor with a screw for it to work but if its arb waste build a hyd splitter

I did warn you :sneaky2: Belts are no good . Mine has a duplex chain and sprockets .

sure am, trying to find some info from somewhere :001_smile:

good luck anyway maybe there is someone close to you who has built one for you to try but take a spare hand lol just incase you bugger one up mine got me a few times and the winning bidder on ebay when he came to pick up his trophy he even trapped his hand too lol christened it with his own blood ps i spent many a time winding the log screw backwards to get a stuck lump of the screw as you will need plenty power to run one propper and a mad man to operate it lol take care if you do get one and dont wear gloves as the glove will strip your hand to the bone i bet if it gets caught up