Garden Hire Spares pot and piston refund

Pipmac

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had a small disagreement with them but it was a while ago and I cant remember just what is was, not used them since.

Tesgol is who I use now, had no problems and when I have its been sorted out amicably.

From what you say I could understand an argument against you would be that you didn't install it correctly.

Am I right?

I haven't but I wouldn't use that product.

Ya get what ya pay for.

The husky parts are about £250.00

The PRC monkey metal option is a shade under £40.00, now I know dealerships and genuine parts have overheads but call me a cynic if I wonder where they saved the 200 or so quid.

There are good pattern parts out there. I have used Meteor extensively in the past and not had a bad one yet.

Yes that's what they are saying ...but I've done a few before with no problems at all .... The guy told me that the clips are made of spring steel and that it's impossible for them to break ... although the one on my bench is in pieces .. And I always triple check that the clips are sitting correctly before reassemble

Interesting, I bought a cylinder from them about a year back for my 372 and after about the same time had a failure. The cylinder was goosed. I will put a pic up to let you see.

Didn't think I stood a chance with asking for a replacement and couldn't be hassled with sending it back, waiting etc. so got a big bore kit which I am more than happy with and the quality is superior.

I think I should have smoothed off the ports on the first replacement.

I had phoned customer services regarding the part no. of the original replacement as the part numbers were different from advertised, wasn't the best conversation I have had:sneaky2: so I really wasn't going to get wound up again.

I have bought a few things from them with no troubles.

Yes that's what they are saying ...but I've done a few before with no problems at all .... The guy told me that the clips are made of spring steel and that it's impossible for them to break ... although the one on my bench is in pieces .. And I always triple check that the clips are sitting correctly before reassemble

Its not impossible for them to break, badly made circlips can and will fail, the problem you have is proving that it was duff.

They are a tw0t to fit at the best of times and the cheap ones seem more easily bent if you are not very careful.

GHS are usually the cheapest on fleabay and a lot the cheapest stuff is made out of cheese.

Its worth spending that little bit more and getting a bit better quality.

There are loads of threads on here talking about this.

Don't worry, you've not totally wasted your money- you have learnt from it.