Which processor for firewood from arb waste

Charleton Chips

I've been doing firewood from arb waste for a couple of years now with a log splitter and chainsaw. But me and my dad have been thinking of getting a processor for doing it. Which machine is the one to get. Has anyone got any photos of doing firewood from arb waste. Which is quicker to do chainsaw and splitter or a processor to process the firewood.

I've been doing firewood from arb waste for a couple of years now with a log splitter and chainsaw. But me and my dad have been thinking of getting a processor for doing it. Which machine is the one to get. Has anyone got any photos of doing firewood from arb waste. Which is quicker to do chainsaw and splitter or a processor to process the firewood.

I was in the same situation as you last year. I went with the hakki pilke eagle as it suited my needs, I also process mainly arb waste. Though I wasn't at the stage where I could spend a lot on kit, and would rather spend it on buying more wood in. I have found the eagle to be a lot quicker than a saw and a splitter.

I use my farmi wp36. It's great for processing rings, you just drop them in the chamber and it them if need be resplit to the desired thickness. Have the conveyor attached soon dispenses the logs into the storage crates. I prefer this than using my Rytec or Balfor as its less manual handling and less moving rings and logs around.

We are using a dalen. 17 in capacity which we find really good for arb waste. We also using a large bandsaw and splitter which is very quick with very little waste ( although you could not put any idiots on it) I have put 13 + tons through it in a day. Any large rings we quarter on a hycrack and then put through one of the above machines. The nice thing is that it is now a 1 man system

I borrowed the spaltfix 280 from the folks to process about 75t of arbwaste. I parked it in the corner of the yard after 10t and went back to the splitter!! I amit i did chuck the longer straighter bits to one side and rattled through them at the end. I don't think you will ever get away from a decent splitter when dealing with arbwaste.