ported 150T

burrell_

Guess there are two types of people, those who think..."I wonder if I ......what would happen" and those that think..."Good, it is running, that will do..."

Many find the lighter ported, faster saw saves time, fatigue on the body and enjoy the faster performance, others are happy to use the saw as it was manufactured.

The manufacturers are held back by primarily the EPA and noise laws so saws have to push out clean exhaust and no more than circa 114dba, this makes the final design somewhat limited and stifled.

In the old bike days, reeds were Stan Stephens or Boyesen, expansions were Allspeeds or Micron, the same thing happening, mods to motorbikes and much faster performance was born by many a boy racer:thumbup:

Personally I got bored with returning saws back to working as they came out of the box and wondered what a 346XP would go like if I ..........the rest is history, 20 years in a production environment working big machines makes a difference, every cycle of a machine takes time, make the process faster and the machine makes more money and uses less labout time, less shift work etc....all the same at the end of the day!

Where do you buy PPE for ported saws??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear they are a good saw but why limit what I can do by stating to cut no more than 4"? If you've payed the money then why not make the most of it. Granted I'm only a novice but I use a silky for up to 4" so what's the point in the extra expense on one of these or similar if im gonna put a limit of 4" on it? I have the small echo which is similar to this and I use that for up to 10"ish, yeah it's a little slower but much easier and less labour Intensive that lugging a 200 about up the tree and if I could make it faster then I would

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

From what I hear they are a good saw but why limit what I can do by stating to cut no more than 4"? If you've payed the money then why not make the most of it. Granted I'm only a novice but I use a silky for up to 4" so what's the point in the extra expense on one of these or similar if im gonna put a limit of 4" on it? I have the small echo which is similar to this and I use that for up to 10"ish, yeah it's a little slower but much easier and less labour Intensive that lugging a 200 about up the tree and if I could make it faster then I would

:001_huh: Really "lugging" an 020???

Wait till you get on a big job and have the 088 up the tree :lol:

try a 076 thats fun

I see porting a saw as why not get the best out of a saw power to weight

what's the point of lugging heavy stuff round a tree when u can port a light saw and get more power

Yeah but why on a 150t... Its not like the gains are going to be huge is it?

A 200t ported and modded will easily run a 16 bar. But the 150 won't give that big a power gain.

On a bigger saw yes maybe, but the 150?

try a 076 thats fun

I see porting a saw as why not get the best out of a saw power to weight

what's the point of lugging heavy stuff round a tree when u can port a light saw and get more power

My point exactly

:001_huh: Really "lugging" an 020???

Wait till you get on a big job and have the 088 up the tree :lol:

I don't have an 088, only an 090, and I don't particularly fancy lugging that up into a tree, ever!

But whilst on the idea of porting, it was mentioned a few years ago: ported saw = more power, which means a bigger bar on a smaller saw, which is less weight, so less fatigue, which means when the 088/090/3120 or what ever big saw goes up, you don't have to use it as much, meaning you get done quicker, which means you aren't as tired

People who say an extra second or two in a cut isn't worth it haven't had the ported saw on a bigger bar option, you can do more before sending up a bigger saw, meaning you save time of sending up additional saws, after all, I would assume no-one sends up the biggest saw straight after the 200t?