cowboys

treeratclimber

I had to go to an alotment to finish a poplar that some numptys had started with they aid of said B&Q C/saw and ladder they were meant to be doing a 30% reduction but some how this was enterpreted as a reduction of 1/3. I got the phone call once they had cut all the easy bits, they only thing i could do was top the whole thing as they had done so much damage, it was so bad the only way i could work on the tree safely was to spike it. :thumbdown:

Yea-sorry about that mate-I had to leave the tree-forgot it was my day to sign on, did you feed my dog, left him tied up there, he's no bother really...

K

It's a sighn of the times IMO, To MOST people cost matters, thats why a lot get a few quotes, most but not all will go with the cheapest (providing they feel the person is up to it) with so many people out of work it will get worse before better, i have spoken to quite a few builders who want to start in "tree surgery" as they think its easy and all we do is kill trees.

went to look at a small cherry the other night that the landlord (farmer) had butchered on one side cos it was over the garden, tenent loved trees and wanted to know what i thought, It does need reducing as it's going all over and it's only a small garden but as i told her if the owner had butchered it like he has he aint going to want to pay to have it done properly, then she said most round here just let the gypsies do it every year! (this is a middle class estate) Oh and guess what, most of the trees i could see from this ladies garden were fooked.......all down to cost and a lack of knowlage with Mr and Mrs ave ......

im not sure weather its just me but there seems to be so many wanabe surgeons starting up that think if they buy a £70 saw from B&Q and a ladder, with no experience no tickets think they can do our job! there's been a few jobs that we were ment to have done and lost to thes wannabe's doe to them been cheaper-well they would be not the right gear no insurance no tax no nothing!

is there any one else having thes problems?

treeratclimber

Dammit I've been busted. ( well it was 1993 when I borrowed a ladder and rake and went out with a 70 quid chainsaw. )