am i insured? please help!

James Atkinson

hi i work with the same guys all the time, we are all self employed and get the clients to pay us all directly, if that makes sense, the main guy has full insurance, and has us named down on it along with public liability, now the question is would i be covered if somthing happened, or would his insurance company simply say i should have my own insurance as i am self employed? im guessing this has been discussed before, they are his jobs and he gets all the work, but if the client pays me, does that legally become mine? hope this all makes sense

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask the insurance company that your boss has you named as an employee. If your boss finds the work and already pays your wages for said work to be done, why would you receive payment from a client of your bosses?. Is the money you receive a tip or are you moon lighting on the side? If your moon lighting on the side I do not believe your bosses insurance would cover you at all.

easy-lift guy

no its so it keeps his income down so he can pay less tax, which makes sense, if we were to all be employed by him we would have to be VAT registered, not what we want really

That makes things a bit clearer:thumbup1:. As long as your named on the policy as a co insured and covered for what ever happens on the job I would think you are ok, however insurance laws on either side if the pond may and do vary, I am sure.

easy-lift guy