Be Kind....Rock 7 Ton Electric Log Splitter

bikewoo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my old man this one as he kept doing his self a mischief with the axe and its been brilliant, cannot fault it at the price, the old dear will even go out splitting logs now haha. I personally think that they are very good, there never going to make you a fortune if used for fire wood production as they are a little slow but for the odd load and just splitting logs for home there good.

http://100.al-ko.com/uk/al-ko-horizontal-wood-splitter-khs-5200-5-tonne-includes-stand.html

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I bought my old man this one as he kept doing his self a mischief with the axe and its been brilliant, cannot fault it at the price, the old dear will even go out splitting logs now haha. I personally think that they are very good, there never going to make you a fortune if used for fire wood production as they are a little slow but for the odd load and just splitting logs for home there good.

AL-KO Horizontal Wood Splitter KHS 5200 5 Tonne, includes Stand AL-KO Garden + Hobby

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have one of those too, but it's annoying having the ram auto return all the way to the stop. Don't use it anymore as have the vertical one now.

If anyone is looking at a horizontal splitter, I'd say one with a ram return stop is a must. Or one of those that splits from either end so you can load the other end whilst the first side is being split.

I have used customers electric log splitters of this size to see what they are like and was surprised at the power and what they would split. These splitters are ideal if you only need to split your own firewood but no good commercially as they are slow.

ok, after being told of the machine is the same as other brands i have been looking around. I have noticed that the machine mart, woodstar etc are a smaller machine and the pump is inside a casting like the horizontal machines, the size up has a seperate pump attached with hoses and a higher tonage. I have found riko, handy and Mitox to sell the larger modle. Anyone know of the same machine under a different name? Thanks for all your input so far. The machine i am talking about is below.

THPLS7TE_s.jpg.2c6a430f94ed4d5e8073588941f08b34.jpg

ok, after being told of the machine is the same as other brands i have been looking around. I have noticed that the machine mart, woodstar etc are a smaller machine and the pump is inside a casting like the horizontal machines, the size up has a seperate pump attached with hoses and a higher tonage. I have found riko, handy and Mitox to sell the larger modle. Anyone know of the same machine under a different name? Thanks for all your input so far. The machine i am talking about is below.

I've seen the above mentioned "handy" machine on eBay for £499, and also a vary similar machine under the guises of scheppach ana yak! So bikewoo are you saying you would steer clear of the Clarke one because of poor customer service with your previous one...?

Hi russ, I am not steering clear of clarke due to bad back up but due to the fact i think the vertical machine is the same engineering as the horizontal (which i have) and you cant change the pump if need be. i think the clarke machine is the smaller one and i want the bigger one. I like the fact on the larger machine you could in theory mod it to be a better machine in the future and fix issues easier.