trailer for tractor

John Shutler

You might get it up a drive in width, but unless it's gravel you will be lucky to get away with the weight.

John you have the Boxer, it can run everything with in 25 feet of the trailer and the crane will lift it over most hedges, walls, sheds etc.

The Valmet will pull 12 ton easy, now a 12 ton trailer full of wood is actually about 4 ton.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might get it up a drive in width, but unless it's gravel you will be lucky to get away with the weight.

John you have the Boxer, it can run everything with in 25 feet of the trailer and the crane will lift it over most hedges, walls, sheds etc.

The Valmet will pull 12 ton easy, now a 12 ton trailer full of wood is actually about 4 ton.

HI STEPHEN i can get 8 ton of green beech on a 12ton trailer mate :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

The ford will stop my trailer fully loaded without trailer brakes hooked up no problems what so ever!! People have managed fine on single circuit hydraulic brake systems for the best part of 60 years!! If you need commercial axels and air brakes to stop 12-14ton then simply your going too fast!!

Your more than likely right we never pulled 14 tonne. Tractor and trailer often used to top 28 tonnes before we dropped a few tonne back off. And yes I am sure we used to go too fast.

The ford will stop my trailer fully loaded without trailer brakes hooked up no problems what so ever!! People have managed fine on single circuit hydraulic brake systems for the best part of 60 years!! If you need commercial axels and air brakes to stop 12-14ton then simply your going too fast!!

And you my friend, have never stripped down a Ford back-end after some rive arse has been charging round with a trailer that has nackered/no brakes and is too big for his little tractor.

Commercial axles can stand the pain without accidents and air-brakes fail to SAFE. Tractor brakes fail to BROKEN.

What Ford do you have? You would probably be surprised at how little there is in there doing the work.

I like to have twice as much brakes as I need. If I am short on power I have gears and two fingers. If you are towing large loads of timber about you cant carry on like people did 15 years ago unless you like porridge. We had two axles that were rated 8 tonnes ea but were test for 100% overload when built. The whole lot was maintained and up together. Thats how I liked it different people different strokes I suppose.

I like to have twice as much brakes as I need. If I am short on power I have gears and two fingers. If you are towing large loads of timber about you cant carry on like people did 15 years ago unless you like porridge. We had two axles that were rated 8 tonnes ea but were test for 100% overload when built. The whole lot was maintained and up together. Thats how I liked it different people different strokes I suppose.

HI STEVE have you still got trailer mate jon :thumbup:

Stevie's right john, wood isn't that heavy, we used my trailer to load road planings for my drive, we were taking 9 ton at a time, that was way heavier than any load of timber we have had on it, and we have really stacked it too!..

IMAG0165.jpg.05cf170fe2df4bef0b765c40ed3fb83d.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg.cfc83eb256263bf638bebe045008a061.jpg

Stevie's right john, wood isn't that heavy, we used my trailer to load road planings for my drive, we were taking 9 ton at a time, that was way heavier than any load of timber we have had on it, and we have really stacked it too!..

HI TOM im sorry but i no i can get more then 4 ton on a 12 ton our trailers down are 5mts long x 2.30 mts wide it will take more then 4 ton of green beech tom we had a 16/18 ton trailer and that size was 6mts long x 2.30mts wide with 10/12ton of green beech last year on my mate trailer :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

Edited by mendiplogs