Defender 130 pulling capabilities?

T14EES T14UNK

Well, I'm hearing what I want to hear and I agree.

But...

Do you not get a bit pee'd off with it being a bit cramped, a bit of a brick to drive(compared with my cabstar with wheels right at front etc), and of course a bit leaky and ... Dare I say it... Breaking down a lot more often.

I'm not trying to put yours down in anyway whatsoever!!! I have seen pictures on here and is one that gives me the desire for one. But I've just not dared to buy one. I had an old old non turbo falling to bits thing about 15years ago but I fear I may have blocked out too many of the memories!

That's why I have the crew can mate, I can get the seat back and I fitted a smaller steering wheel so it ain't that bad. Mine don't leak too bad and as far as breakin down its more like wear and tear, gearbox went at 62,000 but its pulling to capacity most of the time, suspension went, and braks wear quicker because of pullin 3.5 tonne. At the end of the day I'm happy with mine as it is perfect for my set up.

Sent from Outerspace.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trees what you have to think about is cost of repairs? Landys shouldn't really cost much for repairs and maintenance and servicing you can do yourself. A lot of people bash Landys for being unreliable but how hard are some of them treated?

Hi hodge) Pete it like you say mates if you look out to it they go on for years parts are cheap thanks Jon

Trees what you have to think about is cost of repairs? Landys shouldn't really cost much for repairs and maintenance and servicing you can do yourself. A lot of people bash Landys for being unreliable but how hard are some of them treated?

Mine gets hammered Pete, but she keeps going, I pay more than most for repairs as I take to a landrover dealer, this is down to how quick they get me in and out and I get a defender or disco when mine is in.

Sent from Outerspace.

I've got about a day or so before I have to make a decision. Thanks for any advice from everyone which has helped, I just can't stand making decisions like this about my main work truck.

HI MATE you will only no if you need a land rover or not if it a TD5 take mate with you look at the engine well for serivce history mate thanks jon :thumbup:

That's the problem. I don't go off road that much. But basically cos I can't.

I'm trying to persuade myself to get the landy but I'm dreading the constant repairs that I keep getting warned about.

Plus, a landy is hardly the comfiest of things to drive if I remember correctly.

The people who go on about constant repairs are almost always those who have bought a 'cheap' (ie knackered abused and worn out) land rover, or who are jealous of them or regret buying a jap thing. They are no less reliable than any other 4x4 in the same work.....they just get far more abuse as they have a reputation of being hardcore as hell, hence they break. However they are very very very cheap to repair.:001_smile:

quite. :)