Wages information - how much should I be on

Good morning everyone!

Max here, I have just been offered a full time 'on the books' position with a company that have taken me on through college and have also given me work here and there whenever I am needed.

My boss has asked me what sort of figure I would be looking at per week/per month after tax. I currently have just over a years experience in the industry, I have a national diploma in forestry and arboriculture, CS30 & 31 and I am being assessed for 38 tomorrow.

I will be the only person on the books and we are both unsure what I should be on haha. Is anybody in the same position as me and can give me an idea of what sort of money I should be receiving?

Cheers guys and sorry to be vague!

Have a good day everyone.

Max

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"national diploma in forestry and arboriculture, CS30 & 31 and I am being assessed for 38 tomorrow"

How can that equate to min wage? A labourer or shelf stacker (not to decry those jobs) equates to min wage. This guy has some experience, some qualifications and surely deserves to expect a bit better than Min wage. It's no wonder wages are so low in this game if we don't recognise the skills those at the beginning of their career bring to the job.

Some one sent me this regarding wages:

college trainee

16,640 - 17,420

groundie

17,680 - 22,100

tree climber

20,800 - 26000

team leader

25,220 - 30,940

manager

30,160 - 42,640

Haha don't read the recommended wage bands, its a bit like considering what you'd do if you won the lottery. You'll only be upset when you realise it hasn't happened.

Mick seemed about right. I started as a groundie at 22, with CS30, 31, and 38, first aid, PA1+6, and various other courses as well as 5 years experience as a horticultural gardener. I was on 13,400 pa. Since then its gone up regularly as I've got courses and proved myself as a groundie, and then a climber.

Don't be disheartened if your starting wage seems low. Look at it as incentive to improve. Any boss worth his salt will recognise your progress, and reward it. After all, his incentive is to keep you bringing in the company money.