Camping

Maxwell

Myself and the better 3/4's are wanting to go camping in the Snowdonia area in the next few weeks and was wondering if any of you chaps had any good suggestions?

Ideally would like to avoid campsites but also don't want to be trespassing.

last year in Dartmoor we found a farmer who let people camp down by his river and it was just perfect. central location, river deep enough to swim and wash, he supplied us with logs for our fire. was just perfect.

So i was wondering if anyone knows of any places such as this. or if not, any suggestions for places to go/see while there like any good trees, places to swim, good walks. Anything.

Many thanks! :thumbup:

Max

Lots of things to do, walks and cycling routes are listed on Mawddach Estuary - Walking, Cycling and Information for visitors to the Mawddach Estuary in Wales

If you don't want to stop on proper sites I would get down there in the morning and just ask. I am sure you will be able to get a suitable arrangement with a farmer and some of the views are stunning.

Edited by Marko

Myself and the better 3/4's are wanting to go camping in the Snowdonia area in the next few weeks and was wondering if any of you chaps had any good suggestions?

last year in Dartmoor we found a farmer who let people camp down by his river and it was just perfect. central location, river deep enough to swim and wash, he supplied us with logs for our fire. was just perfect.

So i was wondering if anyone knows of any places such as this. or if not, any suggestions for places to go/see while there like any good trees, places to swim, good walks. Anything.

Max

Only done the campsites but the one at the base of Tryfan was fairly basic in a good way last time we were up there. Fantastic views and walking straight out the tent onto the hills.

• 1 month later...

Did you get a good site sorted?

This is the site. Campsite in Snowdonia Gwern Gof Isaf is situated on a traditional hill-farm between Capel Curig and Llyn OgwenGwern Gof Isaf

We just went up for a few days and stayed there.

Picture of Tryfan from site and site from between Adam and Eve on Tryfan.

And the view from the top of the Glyders.

DSC01457.jpg.ac7960a470d5f7c092f34aa223fd186d.jpg

DSC01450.jpg.de48b47cd3007e77120f18d9fe942b43.jpg

DSC01391.jpg.c8f12e325dfc64e76d1986ca21b5c151.jpg

Max

When I lived in north wales I used to do a fair bit of wild camping. There are loads of places that u could be unseen. Try cwm eigiau in the carneddau, or above llyn crafnant on the way up Craig wen also in the carneddau. Also in the glyder range on the capel curig side there are good places

Sent using My c