Rigging Workshop in Wales

Alan Webster

I sat in on one of Kevin's "CABLE-BRACING" sessions at the FR Jones Show and found it extremely useful. He's both very knowledgeable and very approachable and speaks in a language you can understand (unlike some who waffle on sometimes :blushing:)

Hence, albeit a different topic, but I reckon it's a MUST, if you can.

Gofrit..

Paul

After visiting a rigging workshop hosted by the South East Branch, the Welsh Branch of the AA has organised the same event in Wales presented by Kevin Moore.

The event will take place on Saturday the 17th of August at Picton Castle, near Haverfordwest, just off the A40.

Places are limited to 30 with a limit of 3 people per company at a cost of £36 each including vat.

Book via the AA web site, hope to see you there!

AA Wales Branch Rigging Workshop - - Arboricultural Association

Just about to send my cheque off for the East-Anglian Rigging Workshop held at Thetford forest.

But why do us easterners have to pay £50 instead of £36?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi chaps and chapes's

Thanks for the kind word, im glad you found the day useful, all be it the spelling in places was a little dodge, i pleased to hear we got the message across.

I love doing these events, although i still try and get dirty practising what i preach, i must accept im no longer a full time climber, and its always a joy hearing how people have taken some equipment in new direction, and great to share time with people who share the same interest.

Since we started these work shops, they have always been about opening peoples eyes to the stresses and strains they put in to systems, and making sure we all try and work safely, they are not about how to cut, so yep there is some science in there but its light.

Thanks to the team at Fletcher Stewart we are able to show a range of great gear but the event has always been about showing a range of stuff so that people can make an informed decision.

As for the cost,again we had 2 rules, Saturdays so that even the boss can slip along, and affordable. we achieve the second, in part with sponsorship from FS, also we are inbedted to Local AA aproved contractors who supply the teams to do the practical demo's, My boss who supports the event by absorbing some of my costs, so the only variable left is the venue. so, EA branch have a nice venue, with good trees, limited numbers, but ala the FC wont let them have the venue for nothing so they have a slightley higher bill to cover. thus the cost is a little more.

Hope that helps, and hope to see you you some time soon

Cheers all

Kev Moore

AKA arbocop

Hi chaps and chapes's

Thanks for the kind word, im glad you found the day useful, all be it the spelling in places was a little dodge, i pleased to hear we got the message across.

I love doing these events, although i still try and get dirty practising what i preach, i must accept im no longer a full time climber, and its always a joy hearing how people have taken some equipment in new direction, and great to share time with people who share the same interest.

Since we started these work shops, they have always been about opening peoples eyes to the stresses and strains they put in to systems, and making sure we all try and work safely, they are not about how to cut, so yep there is some science in there but its light.

Thanks to the team at Fletcher Stewart we are able to show a range of great gear but the event has always been about showing a range of stuff so that people can make an informed decision.

As for the cost,again we had 2 rules, Saturdays so that even the boss can slip along, and affordable. we achieve the second, in part with sponsorship from FS, also we are inbedted to Local AA aproved contractors who supply the teams to do the practical demo's, My boss who supports the event by absorbing some of my costs, so the only variable left is the venue. so, EA branch have a nice venue, with good trees, limited numbers, but ala the FC wont let them have the venue for nothing so they have a slightley higher bill to cover. thus the cost is a little more.

Hope that helps, and hope to see you you some time soon

Cheers all

Kev Moore

AKA arbocop

Well said Kevin , we all had a great day shame it was so wet , great to meet you and every one else on the course 👍see you again some day I hope