Stihl kombi units air filter

Brett

we have 2 komi units a km90 & km100, every time we grab them to use we have to strip out the air filters and shake out the fuel which is saturating them before we can get them to start. once running we have no probs until we go to use them the next time. Whats that all aboot then?

interested into why not

for the same reason the OP stated. whenever we finish trimming we always used to stand it upright leaning against what ever, was a pig to start and smelt of fuel and the symptom the OP expressed. this normally resulted in swearing and another 10mins wasted whilst it evaporated.

now we leave them flat on the ground. no issues.

as for the technical reason, I have no idea :laugh1:

we had a similar problem and put it down to faulty tank vents as it vents in the air filter housing

also we have stopped filling them to the brim as i reckoned on hot days it was pushing fuel past the tank vent

doing both of these seems to have stopped our problem

we had a similar problem and put it down to faulty tank vents as it vents in the air filter housing

also we have stopped filling them to the brim as i reckoned on hot days it was pushing fuel past the tank vent

doing both of these seems to have stopped our problem

this sounds interesting, mine are kept in a steel storage container and it can get mighty warm in there, might try draining tanks before putting away

did you replace the tank vents?

We had the same problem with kombi's and hl95's. if you leave them on the side with the air filter facing down, the filter gets soaked in fuel and don't start. So watch how u place them on the back of your van cos its a bastard when u get to a job and you can't start your hedge cutter.