Caravans???

Rich2484

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per years membership. Sites start around £5ish per unit per night for a basic site. Bit more if it has a shower/ toilet block and if you want electric or awning up. It's when you get to the coast the start charging stupid money.

I looked at one site in Cornwall £17.50 (quite reasonable in hols I thought) After I add my missus and 3 kids an awning and electric it was a tad under £40per night. Good job I didn't have a dog as that would have been £4extra per night!!

What goes off on a rallie?

I'm confused at the pitch price per night - do you get charged per pitch, then more for the awning, yet more if people stay in the caravan and even more for a dog?

I'm thinking of the van route, but I not sure that I can commit enough weekends to take the gamble of storage fees as well as these other extras.....

On a rally people go off and explore the local village/town etc then get together in the evening and have a drink or two. I'm lucky to live in the midlands where we go in rallies around the peak district and down towards Melton Mowbray. Some lovey places and nice walks to be had

Forget trying to hold a rallye on bank holidays. If you can find a park that will let you bring 10 plus caravans in then they aren't very good and they are struggling for business. Normally I am booked up for bank holidays 3 months in advance and that's the norm for decent little sites. Also look around a bit more if you getting charged extra for awning, dogs etc, etc, etc. I charge £16 per caravan and that's it. All these extras on top just for a family outing is a bit naughty so look around