Spraying tickets advise please

sasha.p

Yep, fair do.

I guess most of my spraying days were boom and agric, so we had a spray sheet to follow and didnt need to look at labels so much. The sheet stated l/Ha for each chemical and that was multiplied by field or tank size, so every chemical was worked out and written down before touching it.

Most of my backpack days have been 200ml of glyphosate in a tank, easy peasy! Lol!:thumbup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info thats made me feel much less worried . I have my good moments and bad when it comes to maths I will get on to the college asap then what PPE will I need are the masks to a certain specification and overalls boots,gloves will I need a spray pack ?

See what they say first. They will give you a list.the masks are to a CE number or mark. The suits are chemicals disposable suits. Make sure you take a few of them. (The horrible white things that just tear apart) gloves must be of a certain length. Halfway up the arms jobs and rubber ones. Steal boots are ok as far as I know. Also a plastic face mask for splash back of chemicals.

If doing pa6 then you may need a knapsack sprayer. But depends if they have them.

See what lost they throw at you first and work from that. Ask them that if you don't have anything in time can they supply. Just say the postman is crap.:lol::lol:

Yep, fair do.

I guess most of my spraying days were boom and agric, so we had a spray sheet to follow and didnt need to look at labels so much. The sheet stated l/Ha for each chemical and that was multiplied by field or tank size, so every chemical was worked out and written down before touching it.

Most of my backpack days have been 200ml of glyphosate in a tank, easy peasy! Lol!:thumbup:

Yep mine used to be agric spraying aswell. Used to always just follow the sheet set by the boss. But still needed to do it. I was a recognised operator and got all the new info and mags in the post. Think that stopped, either that or the people living in my last house are getting a LOT of junk mail :lol::lol:

Always had to know how to work everything out as the boss used to disappear on holiday at every opportunity and left it all to us. So had to figure most of it out. Wasn't too bad really, just worrying that if we got it wrong we would destroy an entire crop.... It never happend.

Aw thanks for the info that's great will speak to Usk college and see what's what and if they provide anything before I make any purchases I remember the white suits on a few young lads that were on site when I done my cs30&31 they looked like the ones a car body paint sprayer would use but will find out off the college.

I am guessing they would run these types of courses frequently .I am pretty good at working out stuff as been dealing with weeds on my own land for ages and have so far avoided treating stuff whilst working for others but I am getting asked more and more and if it creates more work then I wont moan.Its just working out stuff when under pressure I may have a wobble on with my maths ,thanks for the help much appreciated will get myself booked on the course ASAP.:001_smile:

Aw thanks for the info that's great will speak to Usk college and see what's what and if they provide anything before I make any purchases I remember the white suits on a few young lads that were on site when I done my cs30&31 they looked like the ones a car body paint sprayer would use but will find out off the college.

I am guessing they would run these types of courses frequently .I am pretty good at working out stuff as been dealing with weeds on my own land for ages and have so far avoided treating stuff whilst working for others but I am getting asked more and more and if it creates more work then I wont moan.Its just working out stuff when under pressure I may have a wobble on with my maths ,thanks for the help much appreciated will get myself booked on the course ASAP.:001_smile:

Yeh, go for it!

I guess what me and GTR were trying to say was(albeit long way round! Lol!), take your calculator with you, it'll be fine if you can figure stuff out anyway:thumbup1:

Yeh, go for it!

I guess what me and GTR were trying to say was(albeit long way round! Lol!), take your calculator with you, it'll be fine if you can figure stuff out anyway:thumbup1:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What he said.

Good luck, keep us posted. :thumbup1:

Whilst I applaud you for taking th initiative in doing the course, why?

I have tried to report an unrepuputable company who have undercut loads or genuine people to get work at various housing sites, and it is impossible. There is no one who actually enforces the spraying licence. I spent £600 doing mine, and I am beginning to regret it

By "report" I assume you mean to the HSE? They WILL investigate. Are you sure they dont have tickets?

Anyhow, on a slightly seperate side to it, I'd say you stand more chance of getting work if you are ticketed, and most of all, your insurance will cover you. Insurance companies nowadays are not interested in covering people on grandfather rights.

If the companies taking on such guys as you're talking of, are highly likely to be giving contracts purely on price, and imo, probably not the type I'd like to work for.

By "report" I assume you mean to the HSE? They WILL investigate. Are you sure they dont have tickets?

I would have thought the first people too complain to would be the local authority environmental health team. If the incident also raises a pollution concern then the Environment Agency hotline 0800 80 70 60