Kids Choosing College/School Subject!?!

PeteB

My son is 18 on Saturday and starts an HND in Web Development at the local college in September. If that goes well he wants to go to Uni and do his degree. Apparently so I reliably informed by him, its all to do with the backend of the web sites. Changed days since I was a lad! The first computer I ever saw in the RAF wouldn't even fit in 2 of my living rooms, with a total ban on smoking, eating and drinking coffee anywhere near it and it lived in an air conditioned room. My blackberry is more powerful than that nowadays. At least he helps with the website and shop though.

Your daughter wants to do physical things, you feel she doesn't do enough, and your not encouraging this??

Give her a hug, tell her she's awesome and ask her what day she wants to go shopping for dance shoes, she will pick something that won't be sturdy and good if she gets stuck in a field, or needs to change a tyre :sneaky2:

keep calm, ask if there's anything pinker and more flimsy and get out your bank card.:biggrin:

Come on Pete, get out your huff and just be glad there healthy, life hasn't squashed there dreams yet, slammed doors in their faces and made them scinical:thumbdown:

So don't you be the 1 to, your their dad mate. :thumbup1:

My cousins daughter is following a similar path as your daughter wants Pete. She attends a Dance school in London now, and has taken part in films in Budapest, and Austria amongst others. Lt her follow her dreams, she'll only hate you for not supporting her. :001_smile:

What is a "proper" job these days anyway, banking and all the old skool jobs are no more "proper" jobs than anything else. My lad failed business studies at school, and has had his own business for nearly 5 years now, through a tough recession. Careers advice has never been the best advice either, though my advisor told me I'd never amount to anything...bang on right!!!

I was adamant that I would have a career in the music industry as a sound engineer. I studied theatre studies, music tech an media at school. Then I got myself a 2:1 degree in miso production. Now I am cutting trees. It's all part of life's lessons and I don't regret a thing because I have loved every minute of it.

Sent using

I left school with no grades i was to busy being a delinquant and not working hard enough i always wanted to be a car mechanic whilst in a school and out but had years after trying to sort it but got distracted by getting into trouble with law but that stopped at 19 and found my love for tree work ok im not rolling in it but am very happy with my choice itl be ok bud